SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something even my Volvo dealer can't answer!<br>If I raise the spare wheel cover in my year 2000 facelift V70 2.4T, I can find a green connector that is just there, doing nothing at all. It looks very like one of the connectors for the HU805 radio-cd that I had in the car but,as I mention, it is doing nothing at all, just sitting there waiting for something to conect to it.<p>Also, in the left side of the luggage area, behind the cover that conceals the access to the rear lights etc, and where a cd-changer would go if I had one, tied up among the wires there, is another connector that looks like the little grey connector that goes in the radio, the very small one - the aerial I think that is. (Forgive me if I'm vague, but I am a software engineer, not a motor techie!)<p>Any ideas what these things might be for?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (adam3914)

That sounds like it. Thanks for that. I don't have the sat nav thing in this car but clearly they put all the connectors in as one loom. I also have connectors under the passenger seat that could be for an amp, could be for power seats. Could be for an ejector seat for all I know!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Re: Unknown connector (thevicar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>thevicar</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's something even my Volvo dealer can't answer!<br>If I raise the spare wheel cover in my year 2000 facelift V70 2.4T, I can find a green connector that is just there, doing nothing at all. It looks very like one of the connectors for the HU805 radio-cd that I had in the car but,as I mention, it is doing nothing at all, just sitting there waiting for something to conect to it.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>I would be willing to bet that the connector by the spare tire is for the optional subwoofer. I have never done an install on one of these but I bet they prerun the wire. I wanted to install my Dad's V70 sub in my S80 but I didn't have that wire. <p><br>-Luke

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: (thevicar)

The connector under the seat is the power for the auxilliary amp. If there is a second (and third) one it may be pre-wired for the amp-headunit connection.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: Unknown connector (luke8302)

The connector near the spare could be the electrical connection for towing (hitch) lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts