SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my first oil change on the Volvo. There were 5 screws hold the underbody panel in place, but there appears to be holes for two more screw.

On a 07 S40, how many screws are there that hold the underbody panel in place?

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
More then 5 the Out side one some times vibrations over many miles they work themselves - out , but Mostly I found the Dealer just don't bother putting them back In .
Same Size .

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
There should be 7. The extra 2 hold the front bumper... You don't need it

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
There should be 7. The extra 2 hold the front bumper... You don't need it

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.
+1 and all 7 are the same size screw.

·
Super Moderator
15,144 Posts
It's funny how many screws go missing with you ever knowing it. I'm aware of at least 5 screws that are missing in the engine bay, that hold various things in place. One missing screw from the bumper, one that helps hold the intake pipe in place, etc. etc.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
It's funny how many screws go missing with you ever knowing it. I'm aware of at least 5 screws that are missing in the engine bay, that hold various things in place. One missing screw from the bumper, one that helps hold the intake pipe in place, etc. etc.
Wear your seat belt because your car will fall apart soon enough! :p

·
Super Moderator
15,144 Posts
Wear your seat belt because your car will fall apart soon enough! :p
haha, yeah really! Seems like every time I've gotten back from the stealership for something, THEY'VE lost a screw. Seems like I'm constantly replacing the stuff they lose, and the problem is that I don't find these things until way later and I can't prove it's their fault. Oh well, little screws are easy to replace and the more I learn, the less I allow others to touch my car.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
the more I learn, the less I allow others to touch my car.
Hahahaha! I am out of control when it comes to having someone work on my car. I don't trust anyone and I'm always worried they're going to scratch it or get the seat or door sill dirty, etc. When they are done I stand out in the lot looking it over for like 5 minutes before leaving to make sure nothing looks bad. It's called OCD and I have it bad! :D

·
Super Moderator
15,144 Posts
It's called OCD and I have it bad! :D
Hey, I'll match that! I lock my car multiple times before I'm comfortable walking away from it. I will also repark if I'm not PERFECTLY staright (unless I "double park" in a corner); always backed in, in the furthest away spot I can find.

I too check my car over before leaving a shop, I also like to stand in the doorway area and watch them work on the car. Of course it's awkward for them, but at least I can see what they're doing!

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Hey, I'll match that! I lock my car multiple times before I'm comfortable walking away from it. I will also repark if I'm not PERFECTLY staright (unless I "double park" in a corner); always backed in, in the furthest away spot I can find.

I too check my car over before leaving a shop, I also like to stand in the doorway area and watch them work on the car. Of course it's awkward for them, but at least I can see what they're doing!
Sounds like you and I are much too alike! I hate to see what I'll become if I ever get my dream car (Audi A5). It will most likely NEVER leave the garage. Sorry to the OP for the terrible off topic rambling! :)

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
[QUOTEI too check my car over before leaving a shop, I also like to stand in the doorway area and watch them work on the car. Of course it's awkward for them, but at least I can see what they're doing![/QUOTE]

Too Bad for Them , It Means they Actually might have to do everything Their Paid to do - Tough $HIT !
Then when something get Dropped on the Lift - Like Your Mag , or they break Off a Stud , You there to ask them ( What Gives ) .

The Others that Zoom in is My Car already to Go and Run out the Door - in a Hurry , and Never look at the Bill to see what was done ; ( LOL )
ask for Their Parts back or look at the Car - Daaaa , Socker Moms with 5 Kids - the Ride Smells like left over French Fries - that 6 months Old .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts