SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled off the roof trim to straighten out the clips for my Volvo carrier bars. Here are some pics of what's beneath the trim...
At windshield- there are three yellow clips and one smaller white one at the top of the windscreen. If you are planning on having your windshield replaced, buy spare yellows beforehand as they seem to easily break, like mine did. The tab is missing on the inside towards the glass.

Next to sunroof- note there is an extra mounting position for the clip.

Along length of V roof- again there is an extra mounting position for a clip far to the rear. This could be helpful if you are traveling with a large kayak, etc. Of course, you have to be careful with the tailgate and rear spoiler.

Just an fyi...
Scott

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
How difficult was it to remove the roof trim? I mean, did any clips or the trim bend or break? I need to repaint a small area of it but I'm a little reluctanct due to how fragile some pieces are...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (DevolvR)

Quote, originally posted by DevolvR »
How difficult was it to remove the roof trim? I mean, did any clips or the trim bend or break?
Removal is easy, just be firm but gentle. Start at the front and work your way up, pushing down and in towards the car at the same time.
Clips will most likely break.

Quote, originally posted by MancUnited1 »
Sweet bike, brah.
I know, yer diggin' the purple and silver tassles, wishin' they were attached to the mirrors of yer minitoycar.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Re: (Lightspeed)

If this thread was up 2 nights ago it wouldve helped me so much with taking them off for the euro rail install.. Right by the glass i broke all the clips on the passenger side.. And when i was at the dealership today i forgot to get them.. So like an hour ago on the freeway the strip started to dangle and my friend reached out and saved it.. So i got off the freeway went in the Ikea parking lot and un did my rails to get a clip from the other side put them on and as i was tightening them back up i was asked what i was doing and i told him the truth which was way too random to be a lie but he asked me for registation to prove the car was mine and my friend said how come your badge looks sewn on and he radioed back it was ok and drove away in his little cart... But all of this drama for not knowing how the clips were..

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: (GreensOlicious)

When Edison Volvo replaced my first windshield, they broke most of those clips, but slapped the trim panels on anyway and they vibrated like crazy! Took it back in and they smeared a long dab of silicone under the panel and slapped it back on. I finally went in and convinced the service manager to give me a handful of the clips and I fixed it myself.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: (Lightspeed)

Quote, originally posted by Lightspeed »
I know, yer diggin' the purple and silver tassles, wishin' they were attached to the mirrors of yer minitoycar.

They gotta be Union Jack or Chequered to match the motif, yo!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great post....I have a few questions.
Can these clips that the bars lock into be straightened? Both of mine on the drivers side are bent.
Does anyone know the part number for these? Tasca has two numbers...one is this and the other is the blank plate.
The two on the same side must have the same number and be interchangeable.
So is it possible to mount four on each side and trim the weatherstripping on the roof trim piece so the roof rack can be moved
far apart for things like kayaks ang long load cases?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts