SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
can you all give me some advice on this.
i would like to have a full exhaust system i.e 3" down pipe, centrepiece, cat back (hope i'm not wrong on this)
which ecu upgrade should i use. (understand that there are quite a few of tuning system out there..heard bsr doesn't goes well with DP..)
hope you guys can give some comments/feedback on:

1. BSR
2. TME
3. IPD
4. RICA
5. EVOLVE
6. MTE custom tuning

i'm confused over which to use to complement my exhaust system that i'm looking at as mention above.

thanks guys

·
Registered
603 Posts
Re: undecided on which tuning system (s60rnewbie)

This subject has been beat th death, but my suggestion is go with the tunner that has the most experience and/or close ties with Volvo. I can think of two that do.

Although these two can be more expensive, sometimes you have to pay to have peace if mind. JMHO.

Good luck.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

If you have an '04 Automatic, give Scott at IPD or George at ViVA performance a call.

IPD has TME DP/exhaust and a MTE stage 2 tune that will remove your torque limiters in 1st/2nd.

ViVA has RICA stage 2 and Ferrita 3" DP / 3"->2x2" cat back and will alos remove your limiters if requested.

I think Ferrita DP/exhaust are little bigger diameter, but no direct comparisons have been made to show if one is faster than the other. May come down to price and aesthetics, e.g. which exhaust tips you like more, TME are sharply angled, Ferrita are big and round. Both are pretty quiet for aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (s60rnewbie)

It will only blow up if you want it to. I have the BSR ppc for an 04 s60R GT. I just rode in ourR's (that is his handle here) and he has the IPD without torque limiting.He has the GT as well. I prefer his program. I only get the "kick in the seat of the pants in 3rd gear on up. Where his program gets it in all gears. Go with IPD and talk to Scott. Tell him he came highly recommended from MASH here at Swedespeed. Scott is a true gentleman with a strong business background. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
507 Posts

For an automatic car with DP and exhaust I would recommend IPD. There customer service is just second to none and Scott Hart knows what he is talking about. My 2 cents worth.

Modified by Tigers81 at 7:27 PM 3-20-2006

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Re: undecided on which tuning system (Tigers81)

So have you had the IPD stage 2 (no tq limits) for 60k miles with no discernable damage/negative side effects?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Re: (George @ ViVA)

Quote, originally posted by George @ ViVA »
As an FYI, RICA has a dealer in Taiwan, perhaps they can arrange to remotely tune your car in Singapore.

If you have somone local then it would absolutely be in your best interest to form a relationship with them.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

WOW. do you do more frequent trans fluid changes? Trans cooler? Any grief from your local dealer, or has it ever been an issue?
Im also trying to figure out what to do from an ecu standpoint (if anythign) on a GT car, so any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Yes, I remember seeing that posted elsewhere. Any indications as to timeline and price?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I know of IPD's reputation, but its also good to hear that someone has had the stage 2 for a decent amount of mileage with no detrimental effects.
Have any dealers given you a hard time over the ecu reflash? i know all dealers are different, but im curious as to how big a deal it is with yours. I have two local dealers who also sell EVOLVE stuff, so im hoping that they would be ok with an ecu reflash, even if it isnt evolves....
Thanks!

·
Registered
398 Posts

Quote, originally posted by s60rnewbie »
u mean me?? u from singapore??..

IPD's tuner Marco of MTE travels to Singapore to do group tuning. His reputation for achieving phenomnal tuning results while maintaining daily driving reliability is known throughout Europe & Asia. You could contact him at IPD since he'll be there for a few more days. I have had 2 different ECU programs, one from Marco MTE and the other from his cousins company TME, both were facilitated through IPD.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts