SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife totaled the BMW wagon. 3300.00 repair estimate. Geico had a hard time estimating value cause they couldn't find any comps for sale with the AWD, sport and premium packages. They ultimately valued it a 3600.00 which i thought was fair. its in (was) in outstanding shape for a 01 with 189K. I bought it back for 300.00 and ended up with a check for 2900.00. Im still in negotiations to use the money to source a V70 T5 or R. But my negotiating powers are dwindling considering she already spent 1K of it on season passes for the boys at the ski resorts. And i spent 300.00 in parts to put it back together. I was thinking of selling it after i complete the repairs, but its a fairly rare car and knock on wood has been dependable. Would you guys keep it or sell it ?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
You sure won't find a nicer car for what you'd be able to sell it for, i'd keep it and run it till it dies of something I couldn't fix

·
Registered
17,002 Posts
if you were happy with it before i'm not sure why you would be thinking about selling it now :confused:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you were happy with it before i'm not sure why you would be thinking about selling it now :confused:
Because I have always wanted a T5 or R wagon. But we talked it out, and we will end up keeping it. She's not interested in another Volvo (wagon) that i have to wrench on. She got a 2019 Nissan Rogue for a rental and now she is spoiled with all the creature comforts. So she will drive the BMW after i fix it and it will most likely go to the youngest son who gets his license end of Feb. Then look at a newer used ride for her. I really don't want a car payment, but she deserves something newer and nicer that's reliable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts