SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this in the news on Yahoo. Kofi Anaan was given an armoured S80 Executive today from Volvo. Should be a safe ride.

·
Registered
300 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Evolvo:
Spotted this in the news on Yahoo. Kofi Anaan was given an armoured S80 Executive today from Volvo. Should be a safe ride.

They said on my factory tour that every Volvo save the convertible was available with the bullet-proofing kit as a special order. Then again, they never said how one could actually order it. Yannis, what's the procedure? Can you guys even do it or does it require a special request to VNA HQ?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by T5 Dave:
They said on my factory tour that every Volvo save the convertible was available with the bullet-proofing kit as a special order. Then again, they never said how one could actually order it. Yannis, what's the procedure? Can you guys even do it or does it require a special request to VNA HQ?
No, we can't...I actually had a request back in November 2000 by a customer was/is the CEO of a large chemical company. He and I talked a lot about this and I did call Volvo Cars of North America. They told me that the customer would have to PREPAY the order and they (VCNA) would have to submit the order to the Special Vehicles Department. The figures were staggering (well, for me used to selling cars for no more than $48K) but the customer opted for a Mercedes. But it was an educational experience for me!

Yannis

·
Registered
66 Posts
If he opted for the S class then he got the Guard S500 which starts at about $154 grand. I dont think the Volvo was quite that much although I dont doubt it was close to $100. The amount of weight it adds is astounding. I wonder if they use bigger brakes as part of the upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts