SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Had the call from the dealer this morning to say the car was in the country and hopefully should be with them this week - could we take delivery this weekend? This was a surprise as the Volvo website is still showing our car as 'On Order' with an estimated delivery date of 9th-20th November.

So, final finance calculated (ouch - didn't realise the cost escalation) and now awaiting for the car to be delivered, prepped and ready for pick up

We've ordered the following;

- Winter pack
- Intellisafe pro
- Xenium pack

with a few other bits and pieces (illuminated running boards, carplay, tinted windows, heated rear seats)

I've not seen many other new XC90's in the UK so looking forward to getting delivery. No doubt once we drive it away we'll see 100's!

Will post a picture when we pick it up

·
Registered
283 Posts
great news :) I will be getting mine on Thursday. It was supposed to be delivered on the 2nd week of November but it got here sooner than expected. I cannot wait to have it hehe.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi all,

Had the call from the dealer this morning to say the car was in the country and hopefully should be with them this week - could we take delivery this weekend? This was a surprise as the Volvo website is still showing our car as 'On Order' with an estimated delivery date of 9th-20th November.

So, final finance calculated (ouch - didn't realise the cost escalation) and now awaiting for the car to be delivered, prepped and ready for pick up

- Winter pack
- Intellisafe pro
- Xenium pack

with a few other bits and pieces (illuminated running boards, carplay, tinted windows, heated rear seats)

I've not seen many other new XC90's in the UK so looking forward to getting delivery. No doubt once we drive it away we'll see 100's!

Congrats,

That is quite interesting how it is being delivered so soon.
Out of interest, when did you place your order and did it ever show up as in "production" in your my volvo website?

I have ordered a T8 inscription late in August with very similar specs to your(amber interior though), and on my volvo website ,my car is allegedly still "ordered"
My estimated delivery week is the last week in April.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi all,

- Winter pack
- Intellisafe pro
- Xenium pack

Don't pay attention to the My Volvo website. It showed in production even when my car was at the dealers. You may indeed get it by the weekend. Your dealer will know. Once they get it, they need a couple of days to install software etc.

Haven't seen too many on UK roads either but that makes the car even more of a head turner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Make sure they do install the latest software. I had to take mine back, they installed the latest software and it solved all the glitches. I have had no problems since. You will love this car!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi guys.

Could any of the uk owners of the new xc90 give us an inkling into the average insurance quotes?
I went with M&S car insurance. 9 years NCD, £325 excess, wife and myself named on the policy. Total cost £450 inc protected NCD.

·
Registered
174 Posts
F
I went with M&S car insurance. 9 years NCD, £325 excess, wife and myself named on the policy. Total cost £450 inc protected NCD.

Thanks. That is roughly what I currently pay for my BMW X5.

I wonder if the T8 will be very different.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi guys.

Could any of the uk owners of the new xc90 give us an inkling into the average insurance quotes?
730 vs 520 for 61 plate Prius. Low mileage leisure use, 4 drivers. Mine is momentum D5 on 20in specced up to 60k. Was pleasantly surprised. Think tracker and active safety help. Also it's very grippy and handles well but set up to roll probably so you don't push it to limits. That will reflect in better claim history for Volvo if that's their general approach.

In terms of delivery. Build spot reserved early July, final spec was mid July then they had a month off in Belgium. Was built end of August and with me mid September - in line with original estimate but a week earlier than revised estimate. Mine had all packs, air springs, sunroof, auxiliary heater, laminated glass - nothing seemed to cause delays. Opticoat pro next day and no complaints since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Out of interest, when did you place your order and did it ever show up as in "production" in your my volvo website?

This is my first new car purchase and I think we took a dealer slot. We were close to taking an ex demo model but it didn't have one of the options we wanted.

Interestingly, the volvo website this morning says transit to dealer so it was a day behind. Still says 2nd Nov delivery mind you but hoping for next week

·
Registered
159 Posts

This is my first new car purchase and I think we took a dealer slot. We were close to taking an ex demo model but it didn't have one of the options we wanted.

Interestingly, the volvo website this morning says transit to dealer so it was a day behind. Still says 2nd Nov delivery mind you but hoping for next week
Also, never in production. The dealer told me when it was going in as I wanted to spec black headliner but it was too late. I had a week from "transit to dealer" to collection. Website kept saying end of sep and then just turned to "contact dealer". Good call on getting exactly what you wanted. Enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts