SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd rather not repeat the comments made by that little hobbit Hammond about Volvos, but Top Gear placed the V70 (R-Design) as cooler than cool. In fact it was placed as Sub-Zero on the cool wall.

The explanation of why it is such a cool car was a bit wierd (something about Volvo being a non-brand), but it was nice to see Volvo up there with Aston Martins etc.

Watch the episode at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Modified by Token at 9:59 PM 12-2-2008

Modified by Token at 10:01 PM 12-2-2008

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Re: UK Top Gear votes V70 as "Sub-Zero" cool (Token)

i found the site, but, it was stated that outside the uk viewing would not be available yet.

thanks for the info, i will watch and wait for the future availability that is mentioned.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts

Forgive the ignorant, but is Sub-Zero good or super bad?

In my engineering mind it is latter.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: UK Top Gear votes V70 as "Sub-Zero" cool (gascos80)

It's good.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: (Token)

True, they did.

I'm still not sure why though. They were saying a whole lot of nothing.

BTW, that makes BOTH the cars I drive either Sub-Zero or Cool on the Cool wall.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Token »
I'd rather not repeat the comments made by that little hobbit Hammond about Volvos, but Top Gear placed the V70 (R-Design) as cooler than cool. In fact it was placed as Sub-Zero on the cool wall.

The explanation of why it is such a cool car was a bit wierd (something about Volvo being a non-brand), but it was nice to see Volvo up there with Aston Martins etc.

Watch the episode at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Modified by Token at 9:59 PM 12-2-2008

Modified by Token at 10:01 PM 12-2-2008

Hammond was an ass. Because I own a Volvo wagon yet have no trouble stopping when I pee...

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
They had a great time making fun of the S60R, but loved the V70R just because it was a great wagon.
Jeremy Clarkson has an XC90 in the stable next to his CLK63 Black Series. There definitely is a little love for Volvo on Top Gear, just not from a performance standpoint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts