SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here, so please go easy...

I ordered an Inscription in early December here in the UK, and heard nothing from either the dealer or Volvo. So in mid-January I asked the dealer what was going on. The reply: 'your order hasn't gone to Volvo as your car will be a MY 2017 and the order book isn't yet open'. This was a shock, as the dealer's own estimate, at the time of placing the order, was for delivery of a 2016 car in mid-February. I complained at the uncertainty, the likelihood of delay, and the lack of communication from Volvo. The dealer is now trying to get hold of an order slot from another UK dealer in order to get me a MY 2016 car. So it wasn't that the supply of vehicles had dried up, just that the dealer had run out of allocated order slots.

It appears too that there is a shortage of parts for the 360 camera (part of the Xenium pack in the UK, which I had ordered). My dealer is asking Volvo whether it can be retro-fitted, so that I can get a car without the camera and have it fitted later. No news yet - I'm promised an update some time next week. The moral seems to be that complaining at least obliges the dealer to try a little harder, whereas meekly accepting delivery of a MY 2017 car, however much improved it might be, would lead to possibly big delays.

Anyone else with a similar tale to tell?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Sussex lad,
I'm based in UK and I was able to come to dealer and buy Momentum+ straight away. Call your local dealers and select best option unless you want hybrid T8 and you can have car within few days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts