SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally went and replaced my thermostat sensor and decided to replace the tubing the connects to the plastic turbo piece (has two greyish valves and a bunch of black rubber tubed).

Got the car all put together and immediately got a "Degraded engine performance" message. Went back and rechecked everything (including unplugging battery) and reassembled and car started right up as normal.

Took it for a drive and all seems well except a bit of minor stuttering at ideal. Drove around and finally check engine light came on. Hooked up Vida and says an issue with my intake valve and minor air leak. I keep driving and car is great at all speeds but idle.

I changed two to things - any idea what else to check?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure if related, but while my cruise light comes on, it does not engage.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Post all the ECM code(s) please.

Sure you didn't jump a tooth when you did the t-stat? This is a T6 after all, and now you suggest it idles funny.

Entirely possible no cruise is a result of this from a software perspective but the vehicle has an electronic throttle so likely not a direct cause.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll post the codes tonight.

I went back out, tightened a loose turbo connection, reset the ECU and the car started running better. Though I let it idle for a bit and it seemed to be running some test / adjustment (slight surge then down).

Still has the codes but runs better.

Oh the days I wish for the simplicity of my NA Miata!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ECM-913C and ECM-130A are the codes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ECM-913C and ECM-130A are the codes.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Maybe try following the troubleshooting (fault) flow for the 913C, when it asks about other stored codes, click No. Next window gets you to validation of TB adaptation, give it a go and see if you can successfully complete the procedure a couple times (to omit an intermittent fault).

I think the ECM-130A code has been removed after 2006 per VIDA (upgraded ECM/ETM software), although one cause in the 2004 description points back to a "contaminated" throttle body. You should be able to validate which version of the software you have and if it's of interest, you might consider upgrading. Dealer can do this, see about having all the modules checked (Service 2.0), might give them a call and see how they prefer to do it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!

I wonder how much finally replacing that black tubing (with the two greyish valves) caused the issue. The tube that went up to the plastic turbo pipe before (that connects underneath next to the tube that comes from air filter box) wasn't airtight before and frequently would disconnect. Now, it is airtight.

I may have fixed an issue but showed another one in the process.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That may have been it.

Ran the procedure and all seems well. Drove it for 30 miles and no engine light.

So, seems to have all been computer - not mechanical.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts