SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on picking up a V60 Polestar over the next few weeks after placing an order after the 2016s were announced. Wondering if people had anecdotes or reasonable estimates of purchase prices right now?

It looks like there are more than 50 on dealer lots in the U.S. At least a few other them are listed below MSRP. I think it is safe to assume the initial demand has died down and that there is plenty of room to negotiate.

I assume most have paid close to MSRP ($61,840 with destination). My guess would be that getting one for close to invoice ($58,000 ish) wouldn’t be too difficult but wondering if anyone has had success.

·
Registered
41 Posts
good luck. I couldn't even get mats thrown into the deal.

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
I am planning on picking up a V60 Polestar over the next few weeks after placing an order after the 2016s were announced. Wondering if people had anecdotes or reasonable estimates of purchase prices right now?

It looks like there are more than 50 on dealer lots in the U.S. At least a few other them are listed below MSRP. I think it is safe to assume the initial demand has died down and that there is plenty of room to negotiate.

I assume most have paid close to MSRP ($61,840 with destination). My guess would be that getting one for close to invoice ($58,000 ish) wouldn’t be too difficult but wondering if anyone has had success.
There was one advertised at that price on autotrader a few weeks ago but looks to be sold now. There is one listed in San Diego for just less than $60k.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Good luck on getting reduced price of a new one. All I got was $1000 for loyalty. I didn't buy my V60P as an investment but I suspect it won't have as steep of depreciation as other Volvos would have. If there are any still left on dealers lots by springtime then maybe they will have motivation to move them. That's my guess anyways. ;-)

Considering these Polestars are the last of the inline 6 turbos, that differentiates them from future Volvo/Polestar offerings. These two runs (15.5, 16) of these inline 6 turbos are special indeed along with the additional Polestar engineering that went into them. We will only have about 375 of these S60P's + V60P's in the US. That's rarer than some limited edition super cars.

Best regards on getting your Polestar. You won't regret it. It brings a smile to my face every day I drive it. Most owners here have the same sentiment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the info. Sounds like just under MSRP is the most likely outcome. Looks like my car should be arriving any day.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Thanks all for the info. Sounds like just under MSRP is the most likely outcome. Looks like my car should be arriving any day.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If you can wait, the CAD list is $69k, which is currently about USD $52k. '15s become tax-free under NAFTA at January 1, 2016 as year-old cars (they have to have a couple hundred km on them as a 'demo').
As for '16s, believe Volvo is only taking internet orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Overland Park Volvo has 2 a Black and a White. Both are listed at $62K, but I would bet you anything (knowing the battle the local Volvo dealer is going through) you could get it for a good deal under that $60K number. I drive by there twice every day to and from work and the white one, I would consider leaving my family for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts