SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need to replace me two front tyres, I have the 18" Mirzam wheels, currently running factory PZeros. When I ring around for replacements I keep being offered re-enforced tyres.

Are re-enforced (Extra Load) tyres needed for a C70? (Dealer was no help, couldn't tell me
)

Also can anyone suggest a good all season tyre? Quite tempted to try Bridgestone/Goodyear

Thanks

Modified by cm at 11:25 AM 6-24-2009

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: Tyres (cm)

Hi,

Check an earlier post about the Nitto tires...

Not sure what they mean by reinforced tires. Could be a unique term not used here in the US. My first thought is they mean run-flat tires (many C70 don't have a spare tire). Run flats are simply a tire with very strong (reinforced sidewalls) so they can function safely without air if the get a flat. Ride very harsh and often require a special rim.

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Re: Tyres (weatherman)

If you otherwise liked the P-Zero Rosso summer tires that came with the 18" wheel option, but prefer an all-season tire (or if you are unhappy with how fast the Rosso's wear out), one option to consider is the all-season version of the P-Zero Nero. They won't be as sticky as the Rosso's, but will be better during cold weather, and also have a substantially longer tread-wear rating. (Note that there are also summer versions of the P-Zero Nero - but I think these also wear faster.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.