SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have acquired TWO sets of the holy grails of P2 lighting—ABLs (Active Bending Lights). The first set I bought so I could eventually swap them into my car. The second set I bought cause the JY had em and I couldn’t let em go to waste. Both sets need to be refinished (one set only one). The first set I got, one of them had hazing on the inside of the lens (last headlight pictured below). I talked to a couple members on here who gave me instructions on how to open the headlights with polycarbonate lenses (they had done several sets). I just hadn’t gotten around to it, and life continues to get busier rather than less so. So, as much as I would love to retrofit them into my car…I’ve finally admitted I’m likely never going to get around to it (especially since I just put a set of factory bi-xenons in).

So, both sets are for sale. $450 per set, plus actual shipping. Or, if you’ll be at Carlisle, I can pass them off to you there to save on transit. Both sets have harnesses on the back, caps (the one with tape over it, I just have to FIND the caps), ballasts and bulbs (can’t verify the functionality of the bulbs…but both cars they came out of were in excellent condition).

Additionally, if you have an 07+, I have the dash switch and HCM (headlight control module) available for purchase. I understand the bending function CAN be added to 07+ models…but I couldn’t tell you how. $20 (PENDING)

I also cut harnesses from the headlight to the main loom in case you wanna rig up some connectors to adapt them into an 01–04 without cutting into your harness, like I was planning. $10

Driver 1

Passenger 1 (PENDING)

Driver 2 (PENDING)

Passenger 2

Active Bendy Bits

Cut harnesses for patching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have acquired TWO sets of the holy grails of P2 lighting—ABLs (Active Bending Lights). The first set I bought so I could eventually swap them into my car. The second set I bought cause the JY had em and I couldn’t let em go to waste. Both sets need to be refinished (one set only one). The first set I got, one of them had hazing on the inside of the lens (last headlight pictured below). I talked to a couple members on here who gave me instructions on how to open the headlights with polycarbonate lenses (they had done several sets). I just hadn’t gotten around to it, and life continues to get busier rather than less so. So, as much as I would love to retrofit them into my car…I’ve finally admitted I’m likely never going to get around to it (especially since I just put a set of factory bi-xenons in).

So, both sets are for sale. $450 per set, plus actual shipping. Or, if you’ll be at Carlisle, I can pass them off to you there to save on transit. Both sets have harnesses on the back, caps (the one with tape over it, I just have to FIND the caps), ballasts and bulbs (can’t verify the functionality of the bulbs…but both cars they came out of were in excellent condition).

Additionally, if you have an 07+, I have the dash switch and HCM (headlight control module) available for purchase. I understand the bending function CAN be added to 07+ models…but I couldn’t tell you how. $20

I also cut harnesses from the headlight to the main loom in case you wanna rig up some connectors to adapt them into an 01–04 without cutting into your harness, like I was planning. $10

Driver 1

Passenger 1

Driver 2

Passenger 2

Active Bendy Bits

Cut harnesses for patching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I understand, these are not plug and play for a 07 v70? I need the hcm? And there’s no programming after that’s all plugged in?

Sent from my Nokia 3310

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I understand, these are not plug and play for a 07 v70? I need the hcm? And there’s no programming after that’s all plugged in?

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Like I said, I don't know how. I never researched it, since I don't have an 07. But, if you dig around, you'll find people that were able to do it. But all of that simply refers to the bending part of it. Plenty of people have gotten them to work as fixed projectors on all years of P2s. And from what I hear, they're phenomenal even when fixed.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TTT!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Passenger 2, Driver 2, dash switch and HCM are all PENDING.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Can the HCM be integrated into an 05 S60R? I would really like to make them work with the steering. Also, is the light output = to or better than the normal s60r bi-xenons?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can the HCM be integrated into an 05 S60R? I would really like to make them work with the steering. Also, is the light output = to or better than the normal s60r bi-xenons?
Light output is significantly better than the reflector bi-xenons in the R's and select other P2s. From what I understand, the bending bit can only be utilized on 07 V70/XC70s and 07–09 S60s.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Light output is significantly better than the reflector bi-xenons in the R's and select other P2s. From what I understand, the bending bit can only be utilized on 07 V70/XC70s and 07–09 S60s.
Is there no way to make the 07-09 ABLs work on an '06 XC70?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts