Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by jesse850GLT:
NO I'm not .Why else would I post it?

Wow...errr...there's a car called S80 T6 which came out a while ago.
Hmm....really thought you knew already.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I'm still a newbie to the Volvo world. Before the Volvo I had the 1993 VR6 Passat then the 1995 golf III.
I was rear ended by a drunk driver in the Golf and man, It isn't fun having glass fly in the car from the rear hatch with your son in the car seat.I wanted to beat the crap out the driver!
I started to look for a car that had some of the best safty features that I could afford .Volvo I think has some of the best safty features and also looks good. Not once did I think that Volvo produced car with so much power.
My first Volvo was a 1996 850 in 2000. I had that for about a year (I totaled it hit a gas pump) and the 1997 for 9 months now. The 97 has been a great car and I am still learning .

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
quote:

(I totaled it hit a gas pump) and the 1997 for 9 months now. The 97 has been a great car and I am still learning .
Just curious, how did you total your car at a gas pump?

Also, you can make your signature look a bit neater. You know where it says '1997 Silver 850 GLT'? You can make that a link to the actual picture of your car like this:

1997 Silver 850 GLT

There are a lot of neat tricks with UBB code you can test out in the 'Testing Forums'.

-Drew

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I've known for a while that the S80 was available with a twin turbo, but when I first found out about the T6, it was a while before I knew that it was really a TT6. Nobody goes around saying "twin turbo Volvo", and there's nothing to suggest that the T6 isn't like the T5 with just one turbo. I wonder if Volvo would emphasize it if the engine were in a sport sedan rather than a luxury car.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
quote:

Before the Volvo I had the 1993 VR6 Passat then the 1995 golf III.
Good cars! My dad drives a '96 Golf (2.0/5spd), and my mom used to drive a '93 Passat GLX (VR6/5spd).

quote:

I started to look for a car that had some of the best safty features that I could afford.
That's sort of how I ended up with a 240 instead of a Mk2 Golf or a Civic. If I could have found a nice Golf with a manual trans, I would have bought it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I loved the 93 passat GLX VR6 172hp. It was tornado red, had a moonroof and black cloth interior. The reason we got rid of it was that the manual trans was getting stiff in first & second gear . I didn't want to deal with it so I traded it in for the Golf. The Golf was also a great car but the seats felt rock hard on a long trip.

The 1996 was totaled when I jumped a curb hit the poles that protect the gas pumps and knocked over the gas pump. It was about 9:00 pm and had just finished raining . I was driving by the local gas station when a kid ran out in front of me. (The high school kid was playing tag and ran out onto the road)I jerked the wheel to miss him and hit the pumps. The roof buckled, fenders pushed into door,front shaped like the pole I knocked over,and the airbags cracked the windshield. The funny thing was that you could still open the hood and the car was still running !!! I did not get hurt I only had airbag burns on my left arm.
From that point on I knew that the only car I would have was a VOLVO !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts