SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 S60 T6 R-Design Savile Grey
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if someone has attempted or successfully put a second turbo or supercharger on the newer 6 cylinder? Just thinking of future project/hobby options for my 2012 S60 T6 R-Design and a twin turbo or a supercharger would be awesome. I totally understand that you would have to upgrade a ton of other things and get a custom tune, just wondering if it’s been done before.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
For hot-rodding or racing purposes, a larger single turbo is generally accepted as the way to go. Toyota Supras can get above 1000 hp on a big single.

Twin turbos or a supercharger-turbo combo is a complex system that the OEMs use to get better driveability. Anything is possible, though. I suspect you'd have to do the engineering and fabrication yourself.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
For hot-rodding or racing purposes, a larger single turbo is generally accepted as the way to go. Toyota Supras can get above 1000 hp on a big single.

Twin turbos or a supercharger-turbo combo is a complex system that the OEMs use to get better driveability. Anything is possible, though. I suspect you'd have to do the engineering and fabrication yourself.
I believe PoleStar for their first S60 demo Model did a T6 with >500 hp and a manual transmission, but good luck getting the specs out of them.

Instead, you’d be better off looking for a used AR Stelvio which gets >500 hp out of its (street legal) twin-turbo 3.0 V6.

While >300 hp is fine for our V60RD, I’m going a different route next vehicle. The P*2 we have on order gets a pretty solid 400 hp out of its two electric motors and, if it is anything like Teslas, should be ‘hot rod-able’ with just a software download.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
Instead, you’d be better off looking for a used AR Stelvio which gets >500 hp out of its (street legal) twin-turbo 3.0 V6.
When it's running it gets that kind of power. The problem is that very often Alfas simply don't run. They're definitely not cars you keep past the end of the warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts