SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone can help me reduce the turning circle on my '01 S60 2.4. Call me old-fashioned, but I think the 38' turning circle is a liability in on-street parallel parking and generally in manouvering the car, and it is a full six feet greater than my last Volvo, an '83 240.
Is there anything that can be done to increase the maximum angle of cut of the front wheels?

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Turning circle on S60 (Beemer_eater)

Apply a lot of throttle and use the handbrake.

You could mount 125/100 tires with negative ET rims and remove the steering lock limiter.
I always carry jack with wheels with me.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Re: Turning circle on S60 (Johann)

quote:

Apply a lot of throttle and use the handbrake.
I agree with Johann on this one. There is pretty much nothing you can do, "Practically Speaking" to decrease the turning radius on the S60.

The 200, 700, and 900 series do have an amazing ability to "re-turn"...

-Drew

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Turning circle on S60 (Thunderhoof)

I have to wonder does the engineers, marketing and coporate exec ever read our posts?

I think they could probably win more heart (& awards) that way...

Well DO THEY??!?!

Silly hope perhaps...

[Modified by Thunderhoof, 11:44 PM 11-10-2002]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Turning circle on S60 (Ian Hemphill)

I would hardly consider it a liability when it comes to parallel parking; either you know how to parallel park or you don't. You can parallel park with a golf kart (in a golf kart-sized space) if you know how to parallel park PROPERLY (not ny guessing or by luck).

Can't compare the S60's turning radius with that of the 240; any RWD car has a superior turning radius over that of a FWD car.

Yannis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.