SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After upgrading my rotors and pads, I got the oem ones turned and brought them home. I though: why not? Now they are sitting in my garage and wondering if I can make somebody happy with them for a cheap rotor replacement that will last you a good while longer. They are the 320mm and have 35750 miles on them. I'm located in Westminster, CA. (OC). If not sellable, I'll just scrap them.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
There's a min allowed thickness. Find out what new spec is vs what you have and list/price accordingly. I'd be OK with using/buying a resurfaced set if I was in a pinch.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldn't find anything online. Anybody know what the new and min rotor width is for the OEM P1 2011 C70?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If you haven't already pack those in some oil, freshly turned rotors will want to rust like crazy. Then when who ever buys them can clean them up easy with a couple of cans of brake clean.

;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have a look in the box to see what they look like and wrap them in kitchen foil, thats what the tech recommended to avoid rust.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If they are actually OEM rotors the min thickness should be stamped in the center ring that is still rusted on your rotors. When looking at the rotor, there is a center area that is recessed slightly compared to surface where rim bolts. That recessed area has a min thickness stamped.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What did you upgrade to? My rotors on my 2013 R-Design had to be replaced at only 30K miles. Dealer said this was not unusual. If this keeps happening, I'll be paying an average of $70/mo on brakes! Are your rotors from and R-Design model? Thanks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What did you upgrade to? My rotors on my 2013 R-Design had to be replaced at only 30K miles. Dealer said this was not unusual. If this keeps happening, I'll be paying an average of $70/mo on brakes! Are your rotors from and R-Design model? Thanks.
Stoptech and akebono. Complete with install was less than what the dealer quoted me for oem rotors and rear pads. It's not from an r-design, ca,e off my 2011 C70, just regular 320mm rotors. The size of rotors is random on C70s, or P1s for that matter. I was lucky to get the larger ones.

See my thread here:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=235049

Ps: I would like to get them out of my garage but I could never find the min thickness stamped on them nor have I measured them and I'm not comfortable selling something that Im not sure off. Hence my question if it's sellable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts