SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time getting into the 20's here. Went out in the morning and the turn signal and all the buttons on it did not work. When I got home I took it out and "cleaned" it although it did not seem worn/dirty at all. After reinstalling it worked until the next morning. Hazards work. No intermittent failure just all of the sudden. No prying or twisting gets any of the buttons to function. As a side note - that same morning I had a head light go out.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Headlight is probably coincidence, cold temps can push an aged component. Are you able to activate your high beams and rotate through the info center details?

My turn signal stalk blinker functions work and the rotary dial for info center but when activating the high beam it changes the info center through the various readings (mpg, avg, miles to 0, etc). I picked up a new stalk and will swap this weekend, hopefully resolves.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Headlight is probably coincidence, cold temps can push an aged component. Are you able to activate your high beams and rotate through the info center details?

My turn signal stalk blinker functions work and the rotary dial for info center but when activating the high beam it changes the info center through the various readings (mpg, avg, miles to 0, etc). I picked up a new stalk and will swap this weekend, hopefully resolves.
I get absolutely zero function from the entire stalk. As if there is a separation due to the temperature. Your right the head light is coincidental I just thought it was interesting that could weather stressed these electronics. I suppose if there is no known issue I will investigate it a little further tomorrow. This car is so fussy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts