SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing some euro sidemarkers, and may have gotten a short in the process.

I originally wired them to illuminate opposite the regular turn signals (stay on with the parking lights). They worked as planned until I blew a fuse - replaced it and blew another. The next fuse I put in is still working, but now I have the bulb failure lamp on. I tore down the wiring only to find out some wires had been crimped badly, leaving open wire on both wires on the left wiring assembly, evidently causing a short.

I fixed that - then reinstalled, but now I still have the bulb failure light on, and I could never get the sidemarkers to work correctly in opposite mode (left sidemarker would be off, when the right one is on). I now wired them to be all off (only turn on when the signals are flashing), and now my front left turn signal does not come on with the headlights, but it works correctly when I use the turn signals.

Another anomaly - I now notice that when I lock the car, my flashers blink (all of them, including sidemarkers.)

Did I seriously screw something up? I've been googling and I narrowed down a few options:

1) Blew my hazard/flasher relay (which folks say is embedded in the hazard switch itself)
2) Maybe blew the alarm unit

Any thoughts from the board?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Turn signal relay? (firewalker)

I realized I left out my car info...

1997 Volvo 855 R

Sorry - I'm new here...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Turn signal relay? (firewalker)

I don't know, I wired mine with IPD's kit and they work just fine.
ALL lights WILL flash when the remotes are activated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts