SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried doing a search but could not find anything. When I got in my car today it said my traction control was off. How do I turn it back on and if I wanted it off how do I do that as well?

Thanks,

Aaron

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
If your traction control is off upon start up there is an issue with the system. When you turn ff the car and turn it back on the DSTC will automatically return to on. You need to scan with vida.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your traction control is off upon start up there is an issue with the system. When you turn ff the car and turn it back on the DSTC will automatically return to on. You need to scan with vida.
This happened after I stopped at O'Reillys and had them check my engine code. Could it be related?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Regular messages: DSTC on, reduced, off (DSTC always on by default at car start, you'll only see it if you switch it off/on).

If you saw, say, DSTC temporarily disabled, there's a problem. A regular OBD2 scan (O'Reilly's scan tool) only picks up a certain number of common trouble codes (usually specifically engine/emissions related), compared to Volvo-specific codes covering basically all of the car's electronics; if it's still not on, you need a VIDA scan.

Search is your friend here for finding a local with DICE to help you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.