SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Got something waiting for me. Dream wheels, hope I'm able to pull them off. Ocean Super DTM, crazy specs for P80 - 18", 8.5", ET6 on 215/35 tires. Currently stacked in my living room waiting for rear camber plates and front camber bolts since these will poke out a bit without them!

Also cracked my lip, so either I'll go without one or I'll figure something out while repairing this one. Can't drive around breaking $150 lips lol.

This is the next step in this build and I look forward to transform it! Hope you guys will also like it. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Collecting parts, brand new headlights will give the car a better look. Kinda looks blind on one eye now with 1 that's worse than the other. :D

·
Registered
17,003 Posts
nice. being able to see at night is cool, too :thumbup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
More parts!

I'll try to fit the wheels this weekend. :D Going to pick up new wheel bolts as well.

A set of 3° camber plates for the rear, which would make a total of -5°. Camber bolts for the front, also gonna modify the chassi to adjust more camber. And hood locks. But they won't be used for the hood. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Got the motivation to start wrenching and just went at it. Pretty easy modifications but more can still be done to advance this stance.

I started with the rims, ET 6 and 8,5" wide is certainly a challenge on this platform. Rear was easy though, stock wasn't THAT bad but with 3 extra degrees camber using the plates just made that sucker fit so nice. Not too extreme and I don't think I'll add more. I'm happy where it is. Front is a whole other beast. These wheels poke out about 1,5" - 2" without any modifications, so with a little bit of research and asking a few people, I was confident in making this fit. First mod was the camber bolts. I didn't get these to work and add camber so they went back into the package, maybe for future use. Another mod was from a devoted 850 racing guy, having built several track 850s - move the suspension inwards at the tower. Some might cringe but this was a solid solution for me and knowing I will never sell this chassi, no hesitation when putting the drill against that metal. This definitively helped me most, but for future improvements I'll have to modify the coilovers to get more camber.

First test drive and it scraped everywhere, so back to the parking lot and moved the front fender as much outwards as possible, loosening every bolt and just pulling it out did the job. Raised it in the rear so I am happy to tell you guys, I am scrape free even with people sitting in the back seat! The inner fenders got tossed. But this was the plan because the hood mounts is for the front spoiler. It now acts as a quick release for removing the bumper VERY easy and holding it even better than it was before.

The new headlights with the new rims just gives me goosebumps when looking at it. New yellow fog lights got installed, along with new contacts and some wire brushing so they're now glitch free. For now lol.

Better pictures will arrive some time soon, just have to wait until the sun comes up again. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Here are some pictures! :D The new era of the family wagon :partywave:

I'm very happy with the result and very satisfied with the stroller fitting along with the subwoofer. :D

181 - 191 of 191 Posts