SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 740 Turbo Sedan. A friend of mine is upgrading his '95 850 Turbo wheels. Question is, will the '95 Turbo wheels fit on my car, and will the change in the offset be damaging or cause problems? Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rockwels17:<BR><B>I have a 1986 740 Turbo Sedan. A friend of mine is upgrading his '95 850 Turbo wheels. Question is, will the '95 Turbo wheels fit on my car, and will the change in the offset be damaging or cause problems? Any advice would be great.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi.<P>I might be able to help you. I've got some 86 740 TURBO sedan wheels available. Are yours not in good shape; is that why you want your friends wheels? If so, you might like to consider a (cheaper) alternative: mine. And obviously you won't have the offset dangers.<P>I'm about to buy a 1996 850 GLE and was warned against taking my beautiful 86 wheels with me. Let me know if you're interested. [email protected] or at work: (416) 736-2100 ext. 66560<P>Only problem is, I'm in Toronto and you're out West.<P>All the best,<P>Donald<P>

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
To fit 850 wheels on a 740, you have two options. One: buy 20mm spacers and longer wheel studs (expensive and labor intensive to swap the studs). Option two: buy 23mm wheel adapters, which are spacers with separate studs. Then you just bolt the adapter to the hub (keeping the stock wheel studs) and then you bolt the wheel onto the adapter, so you use twice as many lug nuts as usual. For wheel adapters, I would recommend <A HREF="http://www.wheeladapters.com" TARGET=_blank>www.wheeladapters.com</A> <P>Good luck.<P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts