SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know how difficult (or easy) it is to access the turbo on a V60 T6 2015? Wastegate rod may need adjusting and the dealer is giving me the runaround, so I may end up tweaking it myself. It definitely cannot be accessed from the top, how about from under the car? Remove splash guard, I assume there must be a heat shield over the turbo also?

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
What symptoms are you experiencing that would suggest it needs adjusting?

Just realize that with the more advanced electronics in these cars that any adjustment you make will most likely be counteracted by the ECU or TCV anyway.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have wastegate rattle at part throttle, 2k rpm ish. I placed a mic a few places around the engine and noise is coming from turbo. After reading and understanding how turbos work, I likely have insufficient preload on the wastegate actuator arm. Probably need 1 turn or so. If I can get Volvo to actually help me with this issue, I'll have them put pressure on the wastegate actuator and set pre-load per specs. Not sure exactly how the dealer does it. Anyone have the procedure?

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
I have wastegate rattle at part throttle, 2k rpm ish. I placed a mic a few places around the engine and noise is coming from turbo. After reading and understanding how turbos work, I likely have insufficient preload on the wastegate actuator arm. Probably need 1 turn or so. If I can get Volvo to actually help me with this issue, I'll have them put pressure on the wastegate actuator and set pre-load per specs. Not sure exactly how the dealer does it. Anyone have the procedure?
I have done this on my 850 which is 20 years old so it may be very different with newer cars. Check out ipd's video on the subject. I used a brake bleeder as you only need like 2 psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts