SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my k24 hybrid last night and notice the bolt that holds the wg onto the housing pokes threw on the inside where the air comes out and goes into the ote pipe. Is it normal for the bolt ends to poke threw into the turbo? thanks

So basically you can see the bolt tip if you look into the outlet housing.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Probably poor quality control. Too long of a bolt used. Would it create a power loss probably not, unless yer super tuning your engine.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its at home so I cant take a pic now. I bought a junk turbo from a SS member before I got this one and it looked like it had the same problem but inside the exhaust housing. Maybe George can shed some light on this because I got it from a member that had him build it.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
When I did a turbo swap on my old 2.5T the 16T had one of it's CBV bolts poking slightly through to the compressor outlet, not a big deal, it's not like anything except air will pass through there anyways.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking there supposed to be like that. Ill check my stock one when I swap them out in the spring. I was just curious maybe lock tite them and call it a day. I don't think much air would get through there anyway. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
I'm thinking there supposed to be like that. Ill check my stock one when I swap them out in the spring. I was just curious maybe lock tite them and call it a day. I don't think much air would get through there anyway. Thanks
Whatcha doing with ya stock turbo :)))))))

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
It's a defective. I'll buy it from you for $20

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whatcha doing with ya stock turbo :)))))))
Maybe keeping it for a back up. Gotta see if its cracked first. Why you want to make it a hybrid?

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Maybe keeping it for a back up. Gotta see if its cracked first. Why you want to make it a hybrid?
Thats my plan as well for now, I have a line on a 2007 turbo, but that would require me to change my charge pipe I do believe :)

we could always work something out :)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
"hybrid turbo". Hmmmm, does that mean it has a electric motor that gets it spinning and then the exhaust gases take over ?
I guess if you had a Li Ion battery pack it could be a plug-in hybrid turbo.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Thats my plan as well for now, I have a line on a 2007 turbo, but that would require me to change my charge pipe I do believe :)

we could always work something out :)
You could just swap compressor housings... IDK

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Not to thread jack but is the turbo outlet different on 04-05 than 06-07 ?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Not to thread jack but is the turbo outlet different on 04-05 than 06-07 ?
Yeah. For the matter, you could also probably just grind the lip off of the v-band flange thing on the 04-05 CAP and fit a silicone hose over it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts