SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving my car and everything seemed normal as could be. However, after some time I noticed a strange sound coming from the drivers side in the engine compartment. These kind of sounds are never easy to explain, but the best I can think of would be a whooshing sound with a metallic note. At first I thought it was the wheel or something maybe stuck up in the brake or something. It goes away when I let off the gas/depress the clutch. Then I thought no wait a minute, must be connected to the driveline because of those characteristics. Well, I am certain it is the turbo. Took my dad fr a spin and he agrees. Anyone had a similar occurance or any other opinions? Could my turbo be failing? Dealer visit this thursday.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Turbo problems (fasts60r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>fasts60r</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Today I was driving my car and everything seemed normal as could be. However, after some time I noticed a strange sound coming from the drivers side in the engine compartment. These kind of sounds are never easy to explain, but the best I can think of would be a whooshing sound with a metallic note. At first I thought it was the wheel or something maybe stuck up in the brake or something. It goes away when I let off the gas/depress the clutch. Then I thought no wait a minute, must be connected to the driveline because of those characteristics. Well, I am certain it is the turbo. Took my dad fr a spin and he agrees. Anyone had a similar occurance or any other opinions? Could my turbo be failing? Dealer visit this thursday.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Follow the intake piping from the airbox to turbo to intercooler to engine. Look for any loose connections on those many hoses. <p>Are you loosing boost / power?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything looks tight as could be. I take it in tomorrow for this and a laundry list of other things. Just little stuff, but oh the joys of owning this car. It's a good thing we just can't stop smiling when behind the wheel:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: (fasts60r)

The purchase of ANY Euro model should be accompanied by the buying of a Toyota IMO. That way, <B>WHEN,</B> you take the Euro in for repair, you can say... "don't even think of calling me until it's fixed."<p>But you're right, it's such a pleasure to these cars as opposed to the feeling (or lack of) of driving a tool, errr, I mean a Toyota. <p>-<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Dzljet at 6:08 AM 8-10-2006</i>

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok well I picked it up today, and it was one step forward and two steps back. They found the source of the noise. Apparently one of the bushings from the steering rack (from when they replaced it for the second time) was touching something. What, I don't know, but there. While it was in, they also did the service bulletin where they drop the tranny and whatnot for having difficulty engadging 1st and reverse after the car is sitting. Oddly enough, for whatever reason following this, the horrible axle noise is back from the front. And I mean in a big way. Oh they also scratched my center console I assume while doing the tranny drop. And the cruise control is also no longer working. I have tried really hard to avoid saying this and remain objective in all of this, but I just can't any longer so I am gonna say it. Lehman Volvo in Mechanicsburg, PA sucks. The morning I took it in the info panel said FILL WASHER FLUID but, not suprisingly they didn't even attend to that. I thought that they would have filled it for me at least sheesh. It's a buck.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Get thee to another dealer.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes but which one? I haven't heard too much gushing about Stadel and I don't feel like schlepping to Stillman in West Chester. How about Lehman York? Same family of dealerships of course, but different people obviously.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>fasts60r</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes but which one? I haven't heard too much gushing about Stadel and I don't feel like schlepping to Stillman in West Chester. How about Lehman York? Same family of dealerships of course, but different people obviously.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I had a good experience with Lehman York when I had an issue with the S40. I am a bit worried about Stadel since there's a new service manager and one of the two advisors is also new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts