SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 s60r has started to "jitter" when I get on the gas, seems to start around 3000RPMs. The ride stops being smooth and I feel like I don't have the power I should. It's sort of hard to explain. But has anyone had this problem before? Am I possibly just misfiring plugs or do I have some bigger issues ahead of me with the turbo? Thank you for any input!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
When ever you get that jittery feel/missfire I always do spark plugs first on turbo cars.

When I had a DSM with a bunch of modes that car was lucky to get 5,000 mi on a set of the cheap copper plugs.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I agree, start with plugs, especially since you don't mention how many miles are on them, it makes me suspect you aren't sure. I just had misfires on 20,000 mile plugs in a T5, and it was cured with plug replacement so yeah.

Gap them tighter than factory recommendation too, like .028 or so.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Just as preventative maintenance go ahead and replace the spark plugs, especially if you don't know how long it's been since they were changed.

NGK Iridium plugs are my go to, I'm sure everyone on the forum will say to use Volvo brand plugs only, but do these people really think Volvo makes their own spark plugs...?

·
Registered
110 Posts
i had this same problem and i thought it was issues with my MAF due to a ****ty K&N filter. replaced the plugs at the same time as the filter and problem went away. I still have this same problem at max boost... I'll either over shoot to 17 or 18psi or it will stutter around and back off. I'm starting to think this is due to the IPD "HD" TCV... Going to be going back to stock control valve when I get a chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts