SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My turbo misfires at above 4000 rpms when I step into it.<br>I dont know what the problem is. its driving me crazy.<br>Can someone give me any ideas on what could be wrong? Or some things I could look into to fix this problem.<p>I can only give it half throttle without it misfiring or cutting out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Could be you need a new turbo boost valve. It's very critical to the function of the turbo, so you might want to consider replacing it as it's relatively inexpensive. Also check the vacuum lines for any corrosion/leaks.<p>Although this probably wouldn't directly affect performance, make sure you are running a good synthetic oil since you're pushing that car pretty hard. Synthetic oil is basically a must for turbo cars.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Not sure what it means that your turbo is misfiring.<p>Is your engine misfiring? Or do you experience a loss of boost above 4000 rpm?<p>You could have a boost leak somewhere in one of the hoses. That's pretty common at higher mileage.<p>If it's a misfire look into spark plugs. When was the last time they were changed/properly gapped. You can take them out to inspect them and if they're old buy a new set of Genuine Volvo ones, check that the gap is .028 and install.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Start with what Big Will said. <p>Also it really helps us help you if you list the year, model, and mileage of your car. You can put it in the signature file so it's always there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts