SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do preventative maintenance on my turbo before I HAVE an issue! I want only original parts for my 07 S60 2.5T.The parts I am referencing are the Turbo control valve solonoid which is ready available at our sources, but the Tbc valve is not available as far as my research has given me. I want to replace this simple diaphram and spring under that 3 bolt cover and that is all I want to do. I am very happy with the performance of my stock engine and think it to be foolish to spend $160 for a aftermarket "Elevate" unit that vendors like IPD and FCP have for sale for around $165. The part of this that burns my ass is WHY NOT IS this available? I looked at several different sites and cannot find what I want. The question is do I have to buck up for this TBC that I really don't need?
This issue has happened to me 2 times in the past with previous cars "Volvos" and I don't want it to happen again! Has anybody out there sourced this part before?

I always fix my cars before they break!!!:beer:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Unless you are experiencing issues building or maintaining boost pressure, leave them alone. You'd be better served replacing the stock TCV reference lines with silicone as preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I agree unless you're having issues don't worry about it.
I upgraded my TCV and silicone lines and currently hitting 12psi on a 16T with over 200k.
Once I have a tune and run higher boost levels I'll revisit it based on if it has trouble leaking boost.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a spare used part for a 16T if you want it. I would leave it alone as changing it without taking off the turbo is an exercise in frustration. You'll need patience and time, but as the others said, you don't have to mess with it until an issue arises, if ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,612 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice points here.. So what size and where do I get the slobercone vacuum tube goodies, I guess I need to know how much I need too..
Thanks

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts