SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I recently replaced my clutch, which btw was hell and back, and after finishing it up I notice my turbo build up and the purge are 10x louder then before. So I'm assuming while I was lowering the motor to remove the tranny I must have pulled a vacuum line or something? Anyone have a similar issue? I can't seem to find it, and have Yet found someone to agree to sit under my hood while drive around haha

·
Registered
8,062 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
95% of the time this is due to the boot on the bottom of the steering column. It is often not seated completely or is dislodged and you get a direct line to the turbo. Check that out first.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Alright I'll look I was having trouble getting it back in. Is there an actual line? Or is it if it's not seated all the way it's creates a leak

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
No actual line, just meant it sounds like the turbo is in your foot well. It has to be seated correctly. From what I know, it may appear to be seated when it isn't really, and then you still get very loud turbo noises in the cabin.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Alright I'll look I was having trouble getting it back in. Is there an actual line? Or is it if it's not seated all the way it's creates a leak

its not a line. more of a seal like to keep water and etc from getting into the cabin.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
95% of the time this is due to the boot on the bottom of the steering column. It is often not seated completely or is dislodged and you get a direct line to the turbo. Check that out first.
This for sure. Happens almost every time.
Also always leave the steering column adjustment lever in the open position so the column can move freely, this will help when lining the steering rack and subframe up.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The same exact thing happened to me when I replaced my clutch. Like others have said, it was the boot on the steering column that wasn't seated right. It does make it sound really nice though

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright I'll check, I never removed any of that but it could've come out when I was working on it. But if that's what the turbo sounds like outside then awesome just never noticed it before haha

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
is your tcv plugged in? lines come off it? open airbox?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
yes turbo control valve. just listing possible causes :)

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
i dont see you tcv in that picture.. can you look at the wastegate on the turbo and see of there is a vaccum line on the nipple of the wastegate. if so, follow it and it will lead you to your tcv to check the other lines.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts