SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, does anybody know Whats the name of the little tube that goes from the turbo to the engine, its screwed to the turbo with 2 torx screws.

My turbo is leaking there and I would like to know if there is a gasket for that part?

no pic as of now, sorry

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sesrching on tascaparts but i dont see a upper gasket nor a lower gasket

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, sir!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm going to have to make a video but after installing the IPD TCV you can a very loud rush of air escaping from the turbo somewhere and was hoping it was this gasket.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It wouldn't be from the oil drain. That's your waste gate or CBV. Have you checked for leaks? It sounds like hose off although even a hose off wouldn't make a loud noise. If you're intake hose was off it would run poorly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It wouldn't be from the oil drain. That's your waste gate or CBV. Have you checked for leaks? It sounds like hose off although even a hose off wouldn't make a loud noise. If you're intake hose was off it would run poorly.
I did check for leaks with just a spray bottle with soap/water. I finally hooked up my boost gauge and I'm getting literally ZERO boost pressure in 1st and 2nd gear and 3rd gear and so on if I hammer down the boost will go up 15psi for a second and then go to 3-4psi. Can it be a defective TCV? I'm going to make a video next week when I have some time.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pczeilon thank you very much

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did check for leaks with just a spray bottle with soap/water. I finally hooked up my boost gauge and I'm getting literally ZERO boost pressure in 1st and 2nd gear and 3rd gear and so on if I hammer down the boost will go up 15psi for a second and then go to 3-4psi. Can it be a defective TCV? I'm going to make a video next week when I have some time.
I'd say you have it plumbed in wrongly. Check the lines are in the right place first of all.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Part 21 (PN): 986214
M6x16

What kind of torx bit does this use, or this is it some sort of euro size?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
This simply states that the bolt has a 6mm shaft 16mm in length. It gives no information about head size, type nor thread pitch.

That said, someone on here with a turbo probably knows the answer to what you are asking. ;)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh ok, thanks. Anyone?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts