SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out of curiosity has anyone concidered removing their emblems , Volvo, T5 etc and replacing them with something else? I thought the rear Volvo emblem removed and adding a Porsche "Turbo " might look sweet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
the font for the Porsche badge is totally different. IMO it doesn't look right.

Better to debadge and make folks wonder what you had under the hood when you blow by them...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I had a turbo badge on the GTI that I had a few years ago - it didn't look that bad... http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by JAS40T5 at 6:00 PM 5-11-2006

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: Turbo emblem? (Volvo_girl)

No way... that's a German logo! If you're going to add a emblem, it has to be at least from the same country!

Instead of the prancing moose shields, how about this instead?

You could try a Saab turbo emblem, but the problem is they're a dull gray instead of the more shiny emblems we have.

G

·
Re: Turbo emblem? (Volvo_girl)

I thought about this too, but I wouldn't do it unless I found something old skool Volvo.

Hey, weren't you asking about the M3 style mirrors awhile back, too?

·
Registered
39 Posts
...first you get a big Maywell House can and take the label off. Then, you get a can of paint and paint a big "R" on it (for extra horsepower) and weld it to the end of your muffler....

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. <grin> Just debadge it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (f1fnatik)

Volvo Grrr seems to have already done what I was thinking, exact replacing the Volvo rear emblem with a porsche turbo one. I think it looks great although to me at least there seems to be too many letters back there. I'd say loose the s60r license plate frame and it would IMO look perfect. as far as the other comments are concerned this would be a nice time to go back into the "Rules" section. I didn't buy a volvo to be like everyone else. I understand that there are things some of us would do and others never however swedespeed is suppose to promote an atmosphere of respect.

BTW , what is a "Maywell Can" ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: (Volvo_girl)

I like the idea, but not sure the Porsche turbo is the right way to go, I think it needs to be a VAG car to make it work (like the GTi above). I like the idea of an old 240 badge (although don't know what it looks like) as it's in the same "family".

If you're looking for something different there is also a 1.8T beetle that has a "turbo" badge on the back, I think it's a little smaller, check that out, but again, it's in the VAG group.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (ceos)

saw the bettle turbo badge, it looks nice. I'm a little torn here as I know and can relate to how some of you feel of having a non- volvo , non -swedish car badge on a Volvo. haven't seen that 240 turbo emblem either but would like to see it.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Re: (TFS)

Quote, originally posted by TFS »

If you're looking for something different there is also a 1.8T beetle that has a "turbo" badge on the back, I think it's a little smaller, check that out, but again, it's in the VAG group.

The GTI pictured above has the VW Beetle turbo badge - it was purchased directly from the dealership!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: (JAS40T5)

Oops, I just assumed it was the porsche one as they are quite similar, my mistake.

AFAIK you can get both from the dealership, but there are a ton of aftermarket VW/Audi places that have them as well.

BTW, nice GTI (you don't have it anymore though right?)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Re: (TFS)

Quote, originally posted by TFS »

BTW, nice GTI (you don't have it anymore though right?)

Thanks! I sold it in December '04 pretty much because I got tired of driving a modded car through downtown DC everyday...Here's another pic of it:

Modified by JAS40T5 at 4:12 PM 5-12-2006

1 - 20 of 21 Posts