SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2004 s60r and have heard that a boost control valve that is not working properly can cause the car to not get its full boost most of the time the car runs 7-8 psi and rarely 10-12 psi at the most for a short period of time?

·
Registered
535 Posts
You have a 12-year-old car that you have not serviced and you are shocked

shocked

that it is less than new ???

the horror

the horror
This is the funniest part about Volvo forums to me. TONS, literally TONS of valuable knowledge on here and people still feel the need to open new threads. . .

:/

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is the funniest part about Volvo forums to me. TONS, literally TONS of valuable knowledge on here and people still feel the need to open new threads. . .

:/
Umm....I do believe that's what forums are for, to ask questions and receive answers that aren't smart ass and do absolutely nothing to help the OP.

To answer your question Duane, yes, they are known to fail and can prevent the car from achieving full boost when they do. I had the same problem when I first got mine. The car just didn't feel as fast or spunky as my friends and it had a few other symptoms as well. After replacing the TCV, (turbo control valve) it was like a new car again.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I have 2004 s60r and have heard that a boost control valve that is not working properly can cause the car to not get its full boost most of the time the car runs 7-8 psi and rarely 10-12 psi at the most for a short period of time?
Yes what you have heard is true

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Umm....I do believe that's what forums are for, to ask questions and receive answers that aren't smart ass and do absolutely nothing to help the OP.

To answer your question Duane, yes, they are known to fail and can prevent the car from achieving full boost when they do. I had the same problem when I first got mine. The car just didn't feel as fast or spunky as my friends and it had a few other symptoms as well. After replacing the TCV, (turbo control valve) it was like a new car again.

how much boost exactly should this car be running it is totally stock?

·
Registered
695 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts