SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Got a check engine light and need to replace the turbo boost pressure sensor. It is a 15 XC60. Where is it so I can replace it? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
What's even more interesting is that you know you need a boost sensor but can't find it to replace it, how did you determine it is faulty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The code says that is what’s faulty and dealer said with the check engine light replace that part first. I want to do it myself to save money but can’t find anywhere online where it is.

·
Registered
915 Posts
On a 3.0L turbo its down on the LH end of intercooler tank. Pop air box and headlight out to get at it. On a 2.0l not sure but I think same

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
On a 3.0L turbo its down on the LH end of intercooler tank. Pop air box and headlight out to get at it. On a 2.0l not sure but I think same
I’m not sure it’s removable without pulling the bumper off but obviously it’s preferable to get at it without having to do that, lol.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
If it's a T6 4 cylinder it is a whole 'nother story. Some info is needed here.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The code says that is what’s faulty and dealer said with the check engine light replace that part first. I want to do it myself to save money but can’t find anywhere online where it is.
Dealers thrive on taking advantage on situations like this!
Have the dealer clear the code and try again.

If it persists, then investigate.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Dealers thrive on taking advantage on situations like this!
Have the dealer clear the code and try again.

If it persists, then investigate.
Good point. The code may reflect an anomaly and not an actual problem. Better yet, rather than having the dealer clear the code, which they will probably charge you labor for, or find something wrong with your car that may or may not be truthful, see if you can clear the code yourself with a loaned scan tool at a car parts store, or maybe even with a simple battery disconnect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts