SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
elp!. My '94 850 (wagon) turbo smokes and I am pulling it for a rebuild. Before removing it, I traced, logged, and labled all lines from the turbo and where they led. There are three color coded hoses that connect to the turbo: a yellow dot hose from the pressure regulator (wastegate) valve, a red dot hose that is the boost pressure hose, and a white dot hose from the boost bypass valve. The red dot and yellow dot hoses go to the Turbo Control valve mounted on the side of the air cleaner box. This valve also has a blue dot hose that connects to the fresh air hose leading to the turbo inlet immediately downstream of the mass air flow sensor. <P>My problem:<P>When I traced the white dot hose from the bypass valve, it was connected to nothing and I cannot find a loose hose or line that it would obviously connect to. The bypass valve is on the boost side of the turbo and is supposed to dump boost pressure on sudden deceleration. Where is this thing supposed to connect???? The manuals all mention the white coded hose on the turbo but do not say where it connects. I went to my Volvo dealer and the mechanic looked at his manual and couldn't figure it out, although he felt it possibly went to the "vacuum multi-tee fitting mounted next to the throttle body. I checked there, but none of those hoses were unconnected anywhere along their length. There were two unused connectors on the tee, but those were capped with what looked like factory rubber seals. <P>I'm stumped! Where does the white hose go?? It obviously needs to go to a pressure or vacuum source so the bypass valve will operate. Help me!<P>Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
The bypass line runs back into the intake system.......follow your airbox down and on the lower left hand side there is a place where it connects.... <P>I am not sure if thats right.....but when i took out my airbox there was a line there which had disconnected.....<P>Pete

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm.....on the airbox itself?? Or on the hose to or from the airbox??<P>The turbo control valve is mounted on the left side, upper rearward corner of the airbox, but the yellow, blue and red coded hoses go there. There IS a nipple on the underside of the fresh air line just downstream of the airbox and mass air flow meter, but that is where the blue coded hose from the middle nipple on the turbo control valve attaches.<P>Can you clarify?<P>Thanks,<BR>Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts