SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this 940 one year ago. Previous owner had swapped the AW trans for a M90 with reinforced clutch and put a turbo on the stock B230FB together with IC ecu etc.
To get an approval for the turbo conversion I had to source an FK block and apply for an engine transplant due to emissions etc. The 531 head and VX3 cam was kept from the B230FB. I just added internal valve springs for extra safety.

BC Racing drift/track coilovers installed together with wide steering angle kit from Jspec.se.

Add on front and a Gr.A spoiler was added to get some attitude.

135Hp from the B230FK wasn't enough power so a 22T turbo built on a TD04HL13G with 9 blade race rubine was put on.

630cc injectors and a halfbreed MAF with a Bpsch 044 pump installed.

Tank pump replaced with a Walbro 255 replica.

Next in line was the torque arm setup and LSD diff for the rear axle for some serious abuse.

Borrowed the Compomotive MO5 8x17 ET11 from my 240. So this is how it sits for now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since the hybrid mitsu tvurbo failed after 3000km I decided to buy something that was a bit more reliable. So for the purpose I bought a Borg Warner EFR7064.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also got some spiky tires amd studless tires.

Better crankcase vent is also added

Next will be a new shifter to get rid of the sloppy stock shifter.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Latest updates.
Now running 32psi of boost.
8x new wheels 1 set raintires and 1 set racing slick tires. Also running harder and shorter springs up front for more track fun.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man. Some new upgrades soon to come.
Coil pack for waste spark setup.

Full 6p roll cage.

Also painted the trim around windows black.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And also fitted at took a testdrive with spiked tires on.

Scrapped the MS2 ecu due to no comms with computer and went for Haltech E8 i had layong around. Together with the E8 I can use the AIM Sports mxl dash I also had laying around.

Sent fra min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cluster with MXL now complete and ready for mounting in car with Haltech E8 EMS.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got some more stuff done over the last two weeks. Rewired almost everything in the car. Haltech ECU mounted and wired up. Aim Sport mxl wiring is ongoing but this is a bit more tricky.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nowadays I'm working on the suspension setup and brake system. Calipers comes from a Caddilac XTS and rotors from S60R 330x32mm. Controlarms is fully adjustable from Myranes racing and swaybar knives from Sellholm tuning.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Wow!

Very Impressive mods.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did some more work to the car.
Completed suspension mods up front. (Still have to make a swaybar).
Made a new 13cm longer adjustable panhard link with 20mm uniballs. Relocated axle mount as far out on the axle as possible, also lowered the axle mount to get the panhard link as horisontal as possible. This will also lower the COG sligjtly witch is better for handling.
Rear swaybar is relocated to the trunk.
A new engine is in place with forged and balanced internals and a ported 531 head with bigger valves. I decided to make a new manifold for the EFR7064 aswell and the engine is followed by a 6spd ZF transmission together with a sintered clutch disc and a Sachs 765 pressure plate. Some IC plumbing and a new fuelsystem have to be in place before startup.
During the winter I will also mount a full rollcage etc. Plan is to use it in some racing series.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The car has now been tested and seems to work very well. The suspension feels very stable and grip is very good, but a little harsh tho with 750lb springs up front and 450lb rear, but hey its a race car so I don't expect any comfort.

Sway bar up front is complete.
Wheel alignment done.

Still some work to do.
1. Make the individual ignition setup work.
2. Fit an extra Bosch 044 fuel pump.
3. Bigger injectors for ethanol use.
4. Change the BW EFR 7064 for a 7670
5. Ceramic coating on exhaus manifold.
6. New exhaust with 3,5" down pipe.
7. Strip out interior an weld in a full roll cage.
8. Hydraulic handbrake.

Sent fra min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Time for a new update. My plan was to complete this build during the winter, but time flies.....
I did get started on the roll cage and been dealing with welding lately. I have a big hope to getting it completed and take it to a dynosession with the new turbo, bigger 1600cc injectors and E100 fuel.

Sent fra min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts