SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this question has been asked here and other boards, but here goes ...

I love both, but the interior of the R just kills, but ground clearance is very limiting for a vehicle I'd love to use everyday and everywhere (no rock crawling though)! On the other hand, XC parts are cheaper more plentiful etc. What I would love is some kind of hybrid of the two -- obviously with some compromises in handling and off-roading.

I ask because I remember someone asking on the V70r site and being suggested to go with a XC while on the XC site others suggested using the V70r as a starting point. BTW in our case, the tranny would be auto. :(

Any thoughts? Thanks.

P.S. my default now is XC -- since we could get one newer and overall lower cost of ownership.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I'd go with the XC and tune it. You'd have to replace more parts on the R than the XC to get the vehicle you want.

For example, going from the R to an XC would involve changing around the suspension quite dramatically, which is something that wouldn't be very easy to do with the electronically-controlled 4C suspension that is made to work best with an already lowered car--it would also be a source of headache in the long run. If it's the interior from the R you want, that's much more feasible to swap out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts