SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must be having a senior moment. I am fairly certain that I remember applying a light coat of dialectric grease to all of the contact points of the rotor(blade-end and spring contact) and inside the distributor cap when installing new components. Yes? No?<p>Well I did, and now the car has a very slight shudder. But, I also have a hole? in the coil wire (outside sheathing and outside braid). So, while waiting for a new coil wire, do I need to go through and clean off the dialectric grease, or should that be ok.<br>Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have never put dielectric grease inside the distributor cap. Usually you put some on the plug wires to help with removal later.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dilectric grease should not be applied inside the distributor cap or on the rotor. <p>It is used on the spark plug boots where the touch the spark plugs to seal them from humidity and aid in easy removal. <p>Placing dielctric (non conducting) grease will lower or eliminate the ability for spark to pass. <p>This can easily be cleaned with non chlorinated brake cleaner and a rag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts