SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This month we will join "The Misfit Cruisers" at their cruise-in at Plattwood Park in Deep River, Ct.

.....The park is on Route 80, a couple of miles off route 9, exit 5, for you folk coming from the North or East.
.....From the West either take route 80 to the park, or I95 to exit 64, then north on CT 145 to a right onto CT 80 east.

They will have a grill going, with burgers and dogs, and will also have the music on.
They let us park our Volvos together. Clean 'em up and come on down. Look for our green tent.
.....Rain date, the next Tuesday [6/19].

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey im game for this! Who else is down?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Living in CT for the past 15 years, I had never heard of Deep River CT or Route 80 for that matter. I would love to go, but there is absolutely no way I'm sitting in 95 traffic all the way up from Stamford on a weeknight. Hope you're able to have a nice Volvo turnout!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I'm down

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
There is a very good chance that I may actually be up for this as I have Tuesday evenings off, anyone else from the NH area want to head down with me? It's only about 2 and a half hours.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
im down i guess its close enough to me

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think I might join in on this. I just have to see Randy's VR :)
Dan, you're so right, the turbo is horribly addictive. Had fun playing with a Porsche tonight :D btw driver's axle bolt was loooooose!! XC90 bolts on order from fcp.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I'm a maybe

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took a ride up last night. It was the first cruise-in of the season. Nice spot. A field next to a pond. The burgers were great!

I talked to the organizer. He is giving us a large plot in the grassy area so we could all park together. Plenty of room, so the more the merrier.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
So I'm planning on coming tomorrow who else is going to make it out?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I get out at 5 so ill be there around 5:30

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The forecast for tomorrow is 70% chance of showers. Many of you have to travel some distance, so I am going to postpone the meet now, rather than waiting until tomorrow.

RAIN DATE - TUESDAY JUNE 19, 5PM TO DUSK.....

PLATWOOD PARK, ROUTE 80, DEEP RIVER, CT.

Hope everybody can make that date.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Bah...so far to go on a weekday night. If this were a weekend day I'd definitely be there. Tuesdays are impossible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts