SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to postpone, but with the forecast of 70% chance of showers and thunderstorms, and with the distance some have to travel, waiting to tomorrow might be too late to get to everybody.

NEW DATE - TUESDAY JUNE 19
TIME - 5 TO DUSK

LOCATION - PLATWOOD PARK, DEEP RIVER, CT
right on CT route 80

Hope everybody can make it. Plenty of space.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I sweated the decision until the rain started at 4:30. Vindicated...

This cruise-in is run by the Misfit Cruisers. They let us piggy-back with our own section of the park.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Lol I was thinking the same thing it would have started raining right as we all showed up. Anyway I am looking forward to this meet!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll take a spin by. I'm picking up my 2010 C70 tomorrow. My wife will bo out of town with her S60R, but maybe she'll make it another time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lite turnout - 10 Volvos, and a Saab. Really nice venue though. I hate rain dates. We always lose a few. It is in a town park, on the grass. 100 or so other antique and classic cars attended this cruise-in as well.
Just a half hour from Hartford, New Haven, New London.
....Good friends/Volvoers, good food, good tunes! What else could you ask for? A nice mix of "R" cars, vintage and drivers.

They invited us back, so we are going to hold our July meet there as well......Tuesday, July 17, 5pm to dusk.....I'll start a seperate thread for this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any pre 2000 volvo car owner meet ups. I.e. r.w.d? 240,740,960, and earlier? 164s what about a co-club get together older saabs. 96,99,900?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the Hartford area of Connecticut and I drive a bone stock for now lol lack of funds haha. White 1987 240 sedan with auto trans. Looking for other 240 740 owners in the area. Even saab owners cause I like those too especially the 98,99 models
..anyhoot. I'm Eric I'm 30

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
redboy - We have about 100, 200, 700/900 series Volvos in our group.
We do an emailing to 150 Volvoers in CT/RI/MA each month. We try to have one activity each month. Most are meets. We do run two shows in the Fall at Lime Rock 9/2 and Secor Volvo in October. We also have two fun rallys, one in the Spring, and the other in November.

Our group has about -
.....100 wagons, 200/700/900/v70
.....100 s60/s80/s70/850
.....30 "R" cars and wagons
.....10 "C" cars
.....20, 1800's
.....30 vintage models

Most of our Volvos are "preserved drivers".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts