SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have owned this S60R for a while and never really posted anything related to my own car on the forum, so I figured maybe I'll just start a thread and posting and share everything I've ever done to her throughout my ownership (hopefully). :p

First I got the car from svxit on this forum: ( http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?228978-For-Sale-2005-S60R-M66-Titanium-over-Nordkap )

The previews owner svxit was super nice and worked with me shipping it all the way from Maryland to New York. During the purchase, the angle gear and right rear strut were found to be bad during a Volvo dealer inspection. svxit spent 1.3k fixing the angle gear for me at a local Volvo independent shop, again, very very nice seller, and leaving the car to me with a reduced price because of the strut.

The car has been under great care, everything looks like new expect the paint on these Pegs is start coming off. Looking forward to refinish them now day.

And of course, pictures of her arriving:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
iPd R Boost Gauge and Grom Box

The Grom Audio Box. Pictures updated. It's nice to play from your iPhone instead of having to burn CDs all the time. I used some double sided tape to secure the box so that it won't mess with the shifting mechanism of the MT :D

One of the very first mods on the R, the R Boost Gauge from iPd. A little bit struggle when cutting the right line lol~

Oh, and for those who only buy the gauge from iPd and source the pod else where like I did, remember to ask for the electrical connectors, which will be used to light up the gauge during the night. I had to call iPd and asked them to ship the electrical components to me and paid for extra shipping...

The installation was pretty straight forward when you have all the parts needed in at one time

And, oh boy it looks gorgeous when lit up~~~!

The pod from iPd is really not my type so I spent a lot of time finding a better looking one, and I think I found it. I don't know if I'm allowed to post where I bought it, but what the hell, just search Block8head on Facebook and you'll see all the awesome pods. Yes, it cost me an arm, actually much more expensive than the gauge itself, but it's so worth for it tho!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Interesting... viva makes a pod just like that but I was told IPD's gauge would not fit as it is a mechanical gauge
Looks great!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LED and DRL

So the second I saw ( http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?160265-Full-LED-conversion-thread-(S60-V70) ), I already made up my mind that this was happening on my R! Many thanks to theshadow27 and maxenar!!! So I ordered 4 LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs (recommended by a lot of members here) and they came in today!

And also the yellow DRLs really annoy me everyday I see it, they make the caR look very very outdated in my opinion, so they are going away! Thanks to BlazinBob's post in one of the DRL threads, that's when I decided these were going on my R, as well~~~! They are GP Thunder - SGP85K-9006XS 55W from Amazon.

The LEDs, as a 5 minutes mod, it took 10. However, the DRLs took me a tiny bit longer like 20 min? AND and I'm telling you the R looks like a 2015 instead of a 10 year-old car right now!

By the time I got to install them it was already darks, so DRLs pictures coming soon~~~

PS: the last picture just became my best shot of my R~

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting... viva makes a pod just like that but I was told IPD's gauge would not fit as it is a mechanical gauge
Looks great!
I think it can be modified to fit a Mechanical Gauge? However, I saw the viva one when I was shopping around, and I like how the pod from Block8head is facing towards the driver instead of facing straight back lol/.

·
Registered
13 xc60 r design, 09 xc90 v8 RD, 12 c70, 07.5 S60r
185 Posts
They don't make that pod anymore...discontinued 3 weeks ago

·
Registered
185 Posts
You're talking about the Viva one right? Cuz the guy who made mine seems like he's still making these.

Just got a email that they are no longer make them...from block8head

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just got a email that they are no longer make them...from block8head
Okay, he actually just messaged back as I asked.

"As of now. the S60R is no longer available. The only way you can order them is sending your vent to have it made for $80 shipped.
Ben"

FYI And those are great pods IMHO

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yea he still makes them but no longer makes them for volvos

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey ttom, just found the thread! It's great to see the mods you've done to the car. On the pegs, yeah, they were flaking when I bought the car. I'd considered replacing them with iPD replicas but never got around to it. Also, as I'm sure you discovered, there was an ipod connection in the center armrest. I tried it a couple times and could never get it to work, so I just stuck with CDs. In any event, I'll be following the thread to try to give any input that may be helpful. It was a great caR and I do miss it, just too small with the kids. If it were a V70 R, I'd still have it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey ttom, just found the thread! It's great to see the mods you've done to the car. On the pegs, yeah, they were flaking when I bought the car. I'd considered replacing them with iPD replicas but never got around to it. Also, as I'm sure you discovered, there was an ipod connection in the center armrest. I tried it a couple times and could never get it to work, so I just stuck with CDs. In any event, I'll be following the thread to try to give any input that may be helpful. It was a great caR and I do miss it, just too small with the kids. If it were a V70 R, I'd still have it!
These pegs still look good when clean! I'm just looking for a set of 18s for summer. And yeah that iPod dock I never used it lol cuz I'm not using my Classic anymore. Coming mods include a R-kelly intake and a body kit I got on this forum. I don't think the body kit is going on the caR too soon cuz I still need to repaint them to Titanium 455.

The caR does run nice and strong, thanks to your great care. I will bring it to my local Volvo independent shop for the 105k service, mainly for the inspection part and maybe a Sum calibration cuz there's really nothing else that hasn't been done.

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
If you're looking for 18's, you might consider the replicas in my signature, if they're available.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Drl 8500k

It definitely looks whiter/bluer in person, on the picture somehow it looks more yellow, but it is halogen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Body kit!!!

I got these a few weeks ago from here, and I came off from a 05 as well, just need to repaint it and mount them. The painting is probably gonna happen in the next 2 week since I've gotten the Titanium 455 from scratchwizard and it will be post Finals. Mounting won't be happening until I come back for school next semester I guess.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay a little bit update on the R, slid into a curb a few days ago, screwed up the suspension and a few bushings in the control arms, which means here comes a little bit non-DIY job during the Christmas break of school. And remember that blown strut I mentioned when I got it? Yeah time for a suspension job. Dropped it off at Precision Volvo Albany and now having the 4Cs redone all around, costs a lot! Like A LOT! Ruined two wheels one the driver side as well, and got a like new set of 17 pegs with snow tires for the winter from NYC, did a round trip yesterday, 6 hours not-so-fun driving in a lame non-R rental lol. However, after the winter, I'll be looking at a perfect R, not a bad news, and I've been thinking about redoing the 4Cs for a while just didn't expect this would happen, well, what the hell~~

1 - 18 of 18 Posts