SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted you all to know where you could find Technical Service Bulletins for the new V70. NHTSA has a great site with all of the TSB's for your cars that are downloaded nightly. Check it out:

NHTSA Technical Service Bulletins Site

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 03-19-2001).]

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's great. Thanks so much, Drew. I've noticed condensation once in a while inside my headlights and sure enough it's listed there as a TSB!

Yet more info for us to take with us when we visit our friendly neighborhood service dept. Thanks.

Frank

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it looks like they have developed a new type of cover for accessing the headlight bulbs that stops condensation.

They also seem to have a revised fuel door locking function and a revised battery cut-off switch.

They also have a TSB on rough start conditions in cold weather, maybe this might help some people.

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 03-19-2001).]

·
Registered
528 Posts
That's a great resource Indy! I need to point out though, that the list provided is anything but complete (meaning there are WAY more bulletins for the 2001 V70 than what's shown)...and if you want the full info of each bulletin, you actually have to purchase the bulletin from the Volvo Bookstore (usually $2 in PDF). What is shown on this site is a summary (which, by the way, is WAY more info than you'll get at the bookstore before ordering the thing to see what it's about). We should start a pool of all the bulletins purchased. I have about seven of them myself already.

As for the cold start bulletin, it just says FID 541 needs to be installed. I have had that done twice, and it hasn't helped my particular cold-running problem.

- Darell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts