SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some work done on the car recently..

and the shop said my car needed software upgrade and gave me this TSB TJ 16761..

Has anyone done this software upgrade?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
does it lock the haldex in advance mode for 50/50 front/rear split? :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it lock the haldex in advance mode for 50/50 front/rear split? :D
not sure... the shop just mentioned electronic dif.. and maybe transmission related....

just concerned that the software change my have some negative side effects... anyone?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
if it was a major service and done at the dealer the update would have been free of charge

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Software updates are improvements over the old code in those boxes so there should be nothing to fear of an update. Only exception is the ECU if you have a tune since I may prevent you from unloading and reloading your tune if needed.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Software updates are improvements over the old code in those boxes so there should be nothing to fear of an update. Only exception is the ECU if you have a tune since I may prevent you from unloading and reloading your tune if needed.

I guess i'm concerned that to fix transmission shift issues, that they may neuter the car with the new software.... like the torque limited 04 & 05 Autos...

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Yeah, that's the one of the downsides of an auto and one reason I'm glad I have a stick. I got the latest and greatest updates back in 2011 and the car works great so I have no concerns about staying at v2.0 for the rest of my car's lifetime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts