SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
not sure if this is related but the whistling from the turbo seems to be a lot louder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine got noisier towards the end but at the time I assumed it was due to my exhaust leaks. When the boost started fluctuating I too thought it was the TCV since I didn't have any leaks from my intercooler plumbing, but for your sake I hope its just a flaky valve.

Right when I was getting ready to replace the valve was when the turbo crashed and stopped boosting all together, lol.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
welp lets hope my luck isnt as bad as yours lol

its not like wavering, its more of the needle vibrating... exact same thing it does at 8 psi on stock tune. it could hold 18 and even got to 20ish for a second before going back down. so i have a loss of 2 psi with and without tune. tcv seems like a probable culprit. new vac lines and tcv it is!

not sure if this is related, but my needle in my boost gauge would vibrate but it was because I had the weaker spring in my Forge CBV. I upgraded the spring and it was fine.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
i might do that down the line but this is more for my loss of boost.

here's to hoping this'll fix it [emoji120][emoji120]

Discussion starter · #27 ·
i heard the ipd emblem adds 5 horses [emoji6]

Discussion starter · #29 ·
its got a one year warranty so if it craps out i'll get rid of it. this is a temporary fix at least

Discussion starter · #31 ·
i dont run the tune for daily driving. im probably not gonna use it period until i get a 2.4l built

I doesnt matter if it has warranty or not. Even if it doesnt crap out, it wont operate like oem valve and it will cause you trouble.
Stop buying random stuff and do some research first.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
its not random buying. if i was randomly buying i wouldn't know how many clips i need or how many feet of vacuum line to buy. i've read great things from people running them on stock tunes. sure, running on a tune might be a different story. however, i'm NOT running the tune. i've seen a few bad reviews of it sure, but based off of people on SS and the reviews on the website its worth a try to me.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
stealthy i'm probably going to do that soon, however this is my DD and i can't have downtime, especially when its about to be below freezing every day. when spring/warmer temps come around i'll be gutting it and putting in pretty much all OEM. but for now i'll be okay with the ipd one.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.