SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my S60R, the section where the phone buttons would be (just to the left of the radio) is just an empty slot. I know you can buy this: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9037/120398-pop-out-dash-cup-holder-p2-2005-s60-v70-xc70

but really, the SR already has tons of cup holders. I'm looking for just a piece that covers the slot because I'm planning on mounting something on it.

Anybody know where I can get something like that?

Thanks all

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know who that is but I'm interested :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
in my S60R, the section where the phone buttons would be (just to the left of the radio) is just an empty slot. I know you can buy this: http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9037/120398-pop-out-dash-cup-holder-p2-2005-s60-v70-xc70

but really, the SR already has tons of cup holders. I'm looking for just a piece that covers the slot because I'm planning on mounting something on it.

Anybody know where I can get something like that?
I'd just get the cup holder because it fits well and not open it. It's a good spot for a smart phone -- I mounted an iPhone holder on mine with Velcro tape.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Just get the piece that's a storage compartment, i'm sure it's on ebay somewhere.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@KCCM That's exactly what I was going to mount (My iPhone).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just get the piece that's a storage compartment, i'm sure it's on ebay somewhere.
I already have the storage box, I was just looking for a cover for it. I guess the cup holder (closed) is probably the easiest way to go.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Kind of like this?

Just pushed this mount into the hole and it holds it without anything else. If you really wanted to you could add a nut and bolt inside the hole and it would be unseen.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
404 - image not found

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kind of like this?

Just pushed this mount into the hole and it holds it without anything else. If you really wanted to you could add a nut and bolt inside the hole and it would be unseen.

That's so-so, not very clean lookin though.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Nice part is it pulls right out and the cubby is then available.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
@KCCM That's exactly what I was going to mount (My iPhone).
Yes, it's a good spot for maps, music, handsfree calls, etc. It looks a little wierd if you pop the cupholder out but, as you say, the R has better cupholders available.

I'll post a picture when I commute home this afternoon.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, it's a good spot for maps, music, handsfree calls, etc. It looks a little wierd if you pop the cupholder out but, as you say, the R has better cupholders available.

I'll post a picture when I commute home this afternoon.
Thanks a lot man, it looks like this is the path I'll be taking!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Here it is - good LOS from driver's side and doesn't block anything:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
perfect, thanks!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I love my cubby...where else am I going to put my wallet?
In our S60, the iPhone goes in the cubby, but it's not much use there. Oh, and my wife dumps loose change there sometimes and my fingers aren't nimble enough to dig it out!

But I hear you on the wallet -- in the R seats my wallet is literally a pain in the butt!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
In our S60, the iPhone goes in the cubby, but it's not much use there. Oh, and my wife dumps loose change there sometimes and my fingers aren't nimble enough to dig it out!
I have done that once, never again! Lol.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

But I hear you on the wallet -- in the R seats my wallet is literally a pain in the butt!

haha I put my wallet in the little door area as well as a bottled water. Agreed that you can't sit on your wallet in the S60R.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts