SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I'm trying to see if an 07 mirror is compatiable with an 06, did they have the same canbus system. I see Volvo does sell an adapter for 07 mirrors.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Are you talking interior rear view mirror or the exterior mirrors?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Checking VIDA.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
External mirrors.

I'm on the fence about trying to integrate BLIS mirrors into the R; they are possible on 07's, this tells me the functionality of BLIS is inside the unit itself and not linked to the cars internal system other than power. I.e., this means proper, or even use of said adapter may make it possible to run BLIS 05+ models. I have no clue about 04's as they are different canbus system and may not even be able to use an adapter for the 07's.

If the 06 and 07's have the same harness, BLIS should be possible.

See attached. #22 is the harness #4 & 5 may be the 07 blinker relocation harness

https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=239897&ukey_product=1161039

And yes, I take full responsiblity for getting members to spend untold amounts of money making their R's better ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like software is also needed. #19. That what that symbol means.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
BLIS listens to the data bus and sends messages to the CEM and DIM. So the right year and the right model is critical for correct function In the car..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just brainstorming but the SW might be to turn on an off BLIS via the CCM. The DIM is just messaging to indicate enabled or disabled (I could do without it). The CEM, I wonder if it only provides power. What I'm wondering is are the mirrors sensors/functionality tied to the car or is everything inside the housing, and the SW/SEM provides power to make it function.

So is the Canbus different in the 06 than 07?

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have some 07 mirrors that I'm going to test fit on my 05. I plan to examine the harness for missing wires. (Wires that exist on the mirror, but not on the door plug) I'll report back!

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YES! I wanted to do this when I had my 07, never got the chance.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Can't comment on Blis but I do know that the pinouts are different on '07 mirrors. One thing that will happen is that the mirror adjustments will be reversed. If you want the mirror to angle in you need push the button as you would want to angle them outward and vice versa.

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can, compare the base of each, I wonder if it’s possible for the camera an body part to be swapped into an 06 housing.

·
Registered
945 Posts
My 07 mirrors don't appear to have cameras. I'm not too worried about it, because I'm not a fan of BLIS--found it interesting that they appear to be an option.

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you see if the harness is compatible by chance?

I don't think that option was in US spec cars to be honest.

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
Not a big fan of sensors or censors.
But I am curious, as I have an 07!
Camera or sensors like park assist?

·
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is an actual camera.

I just confirmed that these are indeed compitable, Software is the same for the 06 and 07. Suprisingly the software was classified by Trans? I have also found an Eu spec mirror 06 that is indeed BLIS'd!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts