SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned the car today and found something I need an explenation of. It looks like some ventilation? The "hood" you see at the second picture is broken and wont stay in place so I removed it.

Do I need the ventilation for the electric and fuses back there or whats the reason for it?

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
The ventilation is there so you can close doors proper, without it the pressure inside the car would raise and you couldn't normally close the door because of the overpressure.
Your doors will be constantly pushed open if you block these ventilation outlets during closing

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Also if you block them, anyone left in the car when you slam the door will feel it on their ears. :eek:

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Those vents also allow fresh air to flow through the cabin. The outside air flows into cabin through the climate control vents, and out of the car through the vent you pictured. There are usually small rubber flaps that open out as air escapes, but do not open inward so as to prevent water from splashing in. Sort of like a one-way doggy door.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see, thanks for the fast answers. I'll leave the vent free flowing without the hood tahst broken. Maybe some noisekilling material at the "floor"...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts