SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 240 appears to have the motor to open the trunk remotely but I don't <br>see what appears to be additional wire hook ups needed to make it functional... Saw a car at the salvage yard with a button near the hazard flasher labelled "trunk" ? Can i rig something?

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: trunk remote electric opening motor....... (karmaboomerangs)

Welcome to Swedespeed, Claude.<p>If your '87 240 has a "remote trunk opener" such an item would be an add-on by a previous owner.<p>Try this - open the trunk then lower the lid fully without engaging the catch. When you move your hand away does the lid open by itself?<p>If so you should be able to "invent" a system for cheap using either hard wires, infrared or garage door opener components.<p>Once you get the patent I'll hire on to market the opener so you can stay busy in the real estate business.<p>George Dill<p><A HREF="http://www.rica.nesinc.com/RC_practicetest_opener.asp" TARGET="_blank">http://www.rica.nesinc.com/RC_...r.asp</A><p>

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: trunk remote electric opening motor....... (gdill2)

Once you get the patent I'll hire on to market the opener so you can stay busy in the real estate business.<p>^^^ OK, now that you've had your fun at the expense of us Real Estate people... <br>Ok, so the market has turned to excrement... meaning that I have to show every potential buyer 250 properties... mind you that there are over 40,000 homes for sale in Las Vegas. <br>I could go on and on. Thankfully, I have self control.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: trunk remote electric opening motor....... (karmaboomerangs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>karmaboomerangs</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My 240 appears to have the motor to open the trunk remotely but I don't <br>see what appears to be additional wire hook ups needed to make it functional... Saw a car at the salvage yard with a button near the hazard flasher labelled "trunk" ? Can i rig something?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Show us some pics of everything.<p>Thanks.<p>George Dill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts