SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

the recent threads about stuck trunk releases on S40s had me curious. Does the trunk release on the key FOB actually do anything? I own a 2007 S40 2.4i and mine does nothing when pressed. I think I saw something on this some time back but I can't find any info on this now. I think what I read was this feature was disabled on the 2007s due to user complaints. It looks like Volvo disabled the ability to roll down all the windows and open the sun roof on the 2007 from the key fobs. I wonder if the trunk release is also disabled or if mine simply isn't working.

If I use the key fob to unlock my car it does allow me to manually open the trunk. If I press the trunk release on the key fob nothing happens, the trunk is still locked.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Key fob trunk realease button doesn't open the trunk, like in most cars. In the two p1's I've owned, all it does is unlock (only) the trunk. That way, you can get something out of the trunk without risking the rest of the car's security. :confused: Silly if you ask me, but this is a swedish car. Maybe there's a different cultural use in Europe?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Key fob trunk realease button doesn't open the trunk, like in most cars. In the two p1's I've owned, all it does is unlock (only) the trunk. That way, you can get something out of the trunk without risking the rest of the car's security. :confused: Silly if you ask me, but this is a swedish car. Maybe there's a different cultural use in Europe?
This.

I wish it actually popped the trunk...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yeah it's really confusing. Who wants to just unlock the trunk? If I'm in an area that's so dangerous that I can't risk unlocking the entire car to open the trunk, I probably don't want to unlock anything....

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I can't say for the 2007 S40, but the fob does nothing at all on my 2005 S40 and on my 2005 S60. On both those cars I have to unlock the car with the fob first then reach under the trunk lid and press the opening button. However, on my 2004 S80 the fob button will pop the trunk electronically, even if the doors are still unlocked. I can also open the truck manually, but only if the car is unlocked. I need to hook up VIDA again when I get a chance, pretty sure there's a setting, whether it works or not is another story.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Beachnut - have you tried locking all the cars, then hitting just the trunk button? It won't pop it, but it will unlock it. Meanwhile all the other doors are still locked. Try and see...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The 'trunk' button on my 2009 will 'unlock' the trunk remotely (with signal lights flashing once) but will require me to go and physically open the trunk. It is also confusing sometimes if one of the doors are unlocked, there will be no flashing signal lights when pressing the trunk from the remote. Press and 'hold' the unlock button a little longer will also unlock everything, including the trunk.

Key fob trunk realease button doesn't open the trunk, like in most cars...
...Maybe there's a different cultural use in Europe?
However on my Audi, the trunk will pop open ajar when pressed/holding trunk button on the remote.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all,
It looks like Volvo disabled the ability to roll down all the windows and open the sun roof on the 2007 from the key fobs.
This can be activated in VIDA, I know because I recently did it myself. I know have the function the open/close all the windows from my key.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah confirmed it's working as it should. It does unlock the trunk while leaving all other doors locked. Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Definitely weird. The fob unlocks the trunk on the S40 only when the doors are locked, but when the doors are unlocked the trunk button does nothing ... have to open by hand. Just as you said :)

To the contrary the trunk button on my S80 fob will unlock the trunk regardless of whether the doors are locked or unlocked. Haven't had a chance to test the S60 yet.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just went out and tried it on the V50. So strange. I thought this whole time the feature to pop the hatch was disabled on my car, but indeed when I press it the turn signals flash and it silently unlocks the hatch. The doors remain locked. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with accidentally hitting buttons on the key fob when you dont mean to, kindof like when you press unlock, and walk away, after 3-5 minutes the car will lock itself.

The system makes way more sense than E90 Bmw's though, I still cant figure out how the heck those work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This can be activated in VIDA, I know because I recently did it myself. I know have the function the open/close all the windows from my key.
I'm going to have to do this! I can't believe this feature is disabled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts