SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m periodically getting a message that my trunk is open. Sure enough when I head back there to check it IS open. Thing is, I haven’t opened it. Thinking the latch mech likely needs to be replaced but wanted to check with this crew to see if any of you have experienced this too.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
512 Posts
The latch can go bad, has some sort of a switch inside. I tried opening mine but wouldn't do it again. Replacing with used is quite straight forward, I think there is some weird piece of plastic that needs removed. But I would first look at the wiring loom that goes from the car to the trunk, these wires can break if the trunk was opened often times in the past - I think this was mostly for the XC70/V70 models.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The latch can go bad, has some sort of a switch inside. I tried opening mine but wouldn't do it again. Replacing with used is quite straight forward, I think there is some weird piece of plastic that needs removed. But I would first look at the wiring loom that goes from the car to the trunk, these wires can break if the trunk was opened often times in the past - I think this was mostly for the XC70/V70 models.
Thank you, replaced it with a wreckyard bit and all is well.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

1 - 4 of 4 Posts