SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Trunk lip spoiler options.

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  heico2.4i 
#1 ·
I want to get a lip spoiler for my 05 s40.I would like to get a decent quality one that wont brake the bank,and hopefully can get painted.I have see some that require no drilling,that would be great if possible.So that being said;whats out there for me?

#2 ·
Re: Trunk lip spoiler options. (mikeman715)

There are some universal type ones that are on ebay for super cheap, but they are on the small side. There is the European style T5 trunk lid, but that will set you back a couple hundred at least, before painting and shipping. There is the Evolve one, which has to be at least $250 before paint.
Or you can hold on for a month or so and I will be coming out with a fiberglass and CF version that is very similar to the euro lip.
It really depends on what style you are going for, but all the ones listed attach via high strength tape.

#7 ·
Re: (SDS40)

An inch or two. I am currently researching the best way to possibly incorporate into the design some way to cover the holes, but the best (not cheapest) option would be to have them filled in via weld and repaint the trunk at the same time you get the lip painted...or just find a 2.4 that doesn't have holes from the wing and swap 'em.

#8 ·
Re: Trunk lip spoiler options. (mikeman715)

Fiberglass would probably be around $100, CF double that. I could get it painted professionally at my trusted shop as long as I had your paint code, but I recommend you take it to a shop with your car so they can be sure they get the color match correct: sometimes the paint code isn't enough for a perfect match.

Comparable lips are $200 or more, so I think the price is pretty fair.

#10 ·
Re: Trunk lip spoiler options. (Jonsi Jonsi S40)

They are looking as very probable, but not 100% positive. No guarantees, time has been short for me...was it you Jonsi interested in the center console I have? I can't remember who it was, lol.

#13 ·
Re: (HaZed)

Front lip I hope to have pics up in a few days of my own car with a set painted, hopefully by Thursday, trunk won't be ready for a month or so. A one man operation goes slowly, unfortunately.

EDIT: Yeah, Kyle, I could use an assistant. Don't quite trust my gf's abilities in this department, but maybe I can train her to get good with composites so my life is easier, lol.

#14 ·
Re: (carreragt7)

Prep work is the killer on most projects get her to throw stuff together and you can finish it up http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#15 ·
Re: Trunk lip spoiler options. (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »
was it you Jonsi interested in the center console I have? I can't remember who it was, lol.

yep, thats me

can't wait for the meet. I havent really done anything breathtaking to the car so I will be there just scoping everyone else's.

#16 ·

I thought so, I'll bring it for sure. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#17 ·

So far besides a few sounds like no one has really done anything new to there cars. But oh well. Still cool meeting everyone and sounds like its going to be a swap meet as well haha. I need to scrap up some cash to bring just in case something pops up I like

#18 ·
Re: Trunk lip spoiler options. (ForceFed Motorsports)

where are u guys meeting? lol i've been away for too long...

#20 ·
Re: Trunk lip spoiler options. (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »
Seattle area, not too far from you in Florida, you should come on by...

you realize i have to drive 7 hours just to get out of FL right lol give me a zip code! and a date!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.